Mod SDK - Description
The first version of the SDK came with tools and assets the modders require to get their own creations exported into the Sandbox2 Editor which allows them to create complete new levels and modifications with outstanding content.
The Mod SDK v1.2 is the second release and includes the highly anticipated game source code of Crysis. With this code it is possible to implement your own functionalities and brand new features into the game and share it with the community.
In addition we also re-worked the installer to fix some problems and to make the whole installation process more comfortable to you. We also implemented the Softimage|XSI Mod Tool as separate zipped file that comes with example assets for you to work with.
Mod SDK v1.2 – Changelog
The list below represents the latest changes you will find in this SDK version:
- Fixed: Folder structure issue with SDK_Mod suit demonstration level
- Fixed: MaxScript Warning popping up during export
- Fixed: Copy process gives warning instead of crashing if a prerequisite is missing
- Added: Crysis Patch2 based Mod source code
- Added: XSI Add-On (including Examples) as a zipped file
- Optimized: Warning to close affected programs pops up on start
- Optimized: ReadMe switched to html
- Optimized: Installation rules for Plug-in are now more flexible
Documentation – Sandbox2 Manual Update
Following new tutorials/references have been applied to the Sandbox2 Manual:
- Installation of Sandbox2 Editor
- Scene Organisation – Object Selection Floater
- Set up a Mod in Crysis
- Time Of Day
- Terrain Editing
- Terrain Layers
- Terrain Lighting
- Gravity Volume
- Road Tool
- River Tool
- Voxel Object
- Track View Editor
Documentation - Asset Creation Update
In addition the Asset Creation Manual received an update as well. Plenty of new tutorials and references have been added. Please keep in mind that the manual is still Work In Progress and will receive constant updates.
Basics – General Info:
- Exporting and Importing Animations
Basics – Character:
- 1st Person Characters
- CBA File Reference
Documentation – Programming Manual Update
We also would like to introduce you to a completely new manual called "Programming Manual". This manual is especially meant to be used in conjunction with the Crysis game source code and covers various topics regarding scripting in LUA and coding in C++.
The content is still Work In Progress and will get enhanced within the next days and weeks by new tutorials and references. Currently the most important tutorial included is teaching you how to correctly compile your modified DLL file.
You can find the complete official documentation on doc.crymod.com.
Enjoy the content and happy modding!
-Crysis Dev Team