The second patch for Crytek's highly-acclaimed Crysis is now available! Recent recipient of the "Outstanding Achievement in Visual Engineering" award from the Academy of Arts and Interactive Sciences and "Best Technology" award from the Game Developer's Conference Awards, Patch 1.2 continues to tune and improve what was already one of the highest rated games of 2007.
Crytek is committed to continuing their support of the community, and CEO Cevat Yerli is driving the team towards attacking the Crysis community's most wanted list. Stay tuned for more information.
The main improvements in Patch 1.2 include tweaks to multiplayer, mod support and balance of weapons, AI and vehicles, including:
- Added mod loader to main menu
- Increased damage of most player-fired weapons and decreased damage of most AI-fired weapons
- Added auto team balance
- Added grenade indicator for enemy and friendly team
- Added additional audio feedback (headshot/body) on bullet impact
- Fully implementing Crytek's internal anti-cheat-solution
- Added numbers to energy bar in PowerStruggle for quicker reference
- Added team colors to kill/death messages
- Team killed players no longer drop their weapon
- Improved vehicle handling under braking and boosting
- Greatly increased AAA damage vs. VTOL and Helicopter
- Reduced collision damage for players hit by vehicles at lower speeds
- And more!
Crysis launched in November and was one of the most highly rated games of 2007. In addition to the recent accolades from the AIAS and GDCA, the game also won Game of the Year and Action Game of the Year from PC Gamer and the Best PC Game of 2007 and Best First Person Shooter of 2007 from GameSpot. Crysis has also received special awards for Technical Achievement from GameSpot, IGN, ShackNews and SpikeTV, and was also recognized as being one of the Top 10 Games of the 2007 by Wired and The New York Times. For a full list of patch notes and more Crysis news, please visit www.nanosuit.com.