Linux Server Administrator
We are seeking a talented Linux System Administrator for a full-time position in the Network Security Operations department in our Kiev office.
This is a on-site position, meaning the right person will create, plan and manage 24×7 Gaming Network across numerous Data-Centers and Platforms in the office. You will be a part of the team dealing with creation, planning, implementation and ongoing management of Crytek’s 24×7 gaming network across multiple data-centers, games and platforms.
- Daily operation and maintenance of a 24×7 hosted data-center environment
- Installation, configuration and patching of system and game software
- Daily monitoring, management and reporting tasks, as well as contributing to 99.9% application and system up-time
- Work closely with R&D to install, configure and operate developed features, as appropriate
- Ensure appropriate, accurate, up-to-date technical documentation is available for systems and game logic, and environment
- Assist with process, policy development and documentation
- Must be willing to work shifts in order to provide 24×7×365 coverage
- Operate and maintain a dynamic, highly available environment
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science, Computer Networks or Information Security.
- Strong understanding of TCP/IP.
- Linux administration preferably with Ubuntu/Debian Linux.
- Monitoring systems (Nagios, Zabbix, Grafana etc.) (desirable).
- Experience in automation/configuration management tools (Ansible is preferable).
- Experience with Docker (desirable).
- MySQL (Oracle MySQL, Percona, MariaDB)
- NoSQL (MongoDB)
- Distributed file systems (glusterfs)
- VPN (IPSec, OpenVPN)
- Knowledge of at least one scripting language (Shell, Perl, Python, etc.) (desirable and will be considered as a strong advantage)
- English level — Elementary Strong and above (higher English level will be considered as a strong advantage)
- Analytical and troubleshooting skills
- Good reporting skills
- Ability to get things done
- Client orientation
- Ability to work under pressure
- Initiative and pro-activity
- Good team work
- Highly responsible
- Detail orientation
- Result orientation
- Dedicated to profession
- Good communications skills
- Eager to learn
- IT related Certification (LPIC / Red Hat / Linux Foundation) (will be considered as a strong advantage)
- 1 year of Linux System Administrator experience preferred
- Availability according to predefined annual shifts schedule
- Work off-hours if required by emergency maintenance tasks
- What you can expect from us
- Competitive salary
- Office very close to the subway
- Medical insurance
Databases knowledge (desirable)
Familiar with the following protocols and services:
Skills & abilities:
Apply for this Position
Please apply directly online and, if applicable, upload your materials as specified on the job posting. Fields marked with a * are required.
We are Crytek.
Crytek is an independent video game developer, publisher, and technology provider based in Frankfurt, Germany.
Crytek pushes the boundaries of the possible to make the impossible a reality. We want to create the most fun gaming experiences around, and if we have to blow up computer system requirements or push genre boundaries to do so, then we will. With almost two decades of experience in the games industry, Crytek takes its unique combination of experience and skills and continue to make an impact via innovative, fun, cutting-edge games and technology.