Crytek is looking for an experienced Console Programmer to join our Development Team in our Kiev studio.
This is a specialist position that requires PS4 and Xbox One programming experience. You would work with platform specific issues and would implement platform specific features.
*Required documents that allow a careful evaluation of your application are resume, cover letter and additional samples (Portfolio link / github etc.)*
- Develop, port, maintain, optimize and test the Game and the Game Technology to work efficiently with the supported platforms, modules and hardware.
- Research and develop new systems as well as maintain and optimize existing systems inside the application.
- Work to meet the project’s schedule while breaking the process into manageable tasks.
- Write clear, maintainable and portable code.
- Document source code.
- Write technical and software design documents.
- Continue to enhance programming, technological and communication skills.
- Demonstrate ownership and responsibility.
- Complete tasks in a timely manner and to a consistent high quality standard.
- Coordinate with members of technology department and studio projects, including art and production, in order to meet the project’s objectives and improve projects’ quality and productivity.
- Demonstrate a desire to learn and grow professionally.
- Communicate status updates and risks.
- Report to the Technical Director.
- 3 or more years of professional game or similar programming experience.
- Excellent C++ knowledge, strong software engineering and debugging skills.
- Experience developing for Xbox One and/or PS4 game consoles.
- Low level optimization skills.
- Perform any other duties as assigned with accountability and responsibility defined prior to the commencement of these duties.
- Sufficient English communication and writing skills.
- Keep a positive team-oriented attitude.
- Be proactive and self-motivated, work without direct supervision.
- Working in our Studio in Kiev, Ukraine.
- Experience porting games between various platforms.
- Experience with mobile development on iOS and Android.
- Strong math background.
- Experience with the modern game graphics pipelines and rendering APIs (DirectX or OpenGL).
- Experience with large code bases
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, a similar degree or comparable experience.
- Passionate about making games and great software in general.
- Mentor and inspire other programmers of the team, act as a role model for the team.
Apply for this Position
Please apply directly online and, if applicable, upload your materials as specified on the job posting. Fields marked with a * are required.
We are Crytek.
Crytek is an independent video game developer, publisher, and technology provider based in Frankfurt, Germany.
Crytek pushes the boundaries of the possible to make the impossible a reality. We want to create the most fun gaming experiences around, and if we have to blow up computer system requirements or push genre boundaries to do so, then we will. With almost two decades of experience in the games industry, Crytek takes its unique combination of experience and skills and continue to make an impact via innovative, fun, cutting-edge games and technology.