Crytek is looking for an experienced Level Designer to join our Game Development Team in our Kiev studio.
As a level designer, you will be expected to design and create fun, exciting, beautiful environments from conception to completion, creating paper designs, contributing to design discussions and solving design challenges within the team. Appreciation of technology and architecture is a plus.
*Required documents that allow a careful evaluation of your application are resume, cover letter and additional samples (Portfolio link / github etc.)*
- Execute the design direction and be responsible for designing and building level content from whitebox to final quality.
- Take part in playtesting sessions and ensure feedback is applied.
- Proactively solve issues and seek feedback to ensure your work is always the best it can be.
- Communicate and work with other departments.
- Ensure your work meets technical standards and is bug free.
- 3+ years of professional experience as Level Designer in the Game Industry.
- 1 or more shipped AAA titles on PC, Xbox One or PlayStation 3/4.
- Excellent sense for design and creating outstanding user experiences.
- Experience designing levels for multiplayer or co-op titles.
- Strong spacial and layout skills.
- Excited, passionate, proactive and self-motivated.
- Must be able to adapt to new technologies.
- Good English communication and writing skills.
- Keep a positive team-oriented attitude.
- Working in our Studio in Kiev, Ukraine.
Working knowledge of CRYENGINE is a plus.
Understanding of game design theory, practice, pacing and mission flow.
Apply for this Position
Please apply directly online and, if applicable, upload your materials as specified on the job posting. Fields marked with a * are required.
We are Crytek.
Crytek is an independent video game developer, publisher, and technology provider based in Frankfurt, Germany.
Crytek pushes the boundaries of the possible to make the impossible a reality. We want to create the most fun gaming experiences around, and if we have to blow up computer system requirements or push genre boundaries to do so, then we will. With almost two decades of experience in the games industry, Crytek takes its unique combination of experience and skills and continue to make an impact via innovative, fun, cutting-edge games and technology.