*Required documents that allow a careful evaluation of your application are resume/CV, cover letter, and links to additional samples if any*
- Work with existing game engine codebase to develop and enhance gameplay. (player/world interaction, gameplay, AI rules, etc.)
- Develop game code for a serious game/simulation.
- Coordinate with other departments including art, design and production to achieve project objectives.
- Develop well designed software within project schedule to team standards.
- Document source code.
- Create immersive and compelling gameplay experiences.
- Debug and optimize PC performance.
- Specify and contribute to testing procedures.
- Actively participate in team working on project by making recommendations on how to improve product quality as well as group productivity.
- Complete all tasks in a timely manner and to a consistent high quality standard.
- Good communication and writing skills and create documentation where required.
- A degree Computer Science or a related engineering field, or equivalent work experience.
- Solid English skills, good communication and writing skills with international colleagues.
- Solid C++ programming skills in a games development environment.
- Good mathematical and problem-solving skills.
- Adopt existing development processes and look for improvements.
- Some experience with commercial game engines (CryEngine, Unreal, Unity, Source)
- Able to work in a team of software developers, following, creating, managing and tracking schedules, keeps a positive team-oriented attitude.
- Being proactive and self-motivated, working without direct supervision.
- Ability to travel domestic and abroad.
- 2+ years of professional software development experience, preferably in the games or serious games industries.
- Worked on at least one shipped product in video game/simulation industries from beginning to end.
- Knowledge of issue and project tracking tools (JIRA) and workflow management.
- Familiar with version control systems (Perforce, Git, etc.) and release management.
- Experience with writing technical documentation.
- Experience with large code bases.
- Experience with multi-threading.
- Experience with CRYENGINE.
- Visual gameplay scripting experience (Flow Graph, Blueprint, etc.)
- Experience with C++ 11/14.
- Knowledge of MFC.
- Experience with scripting languages, such as Lua or Python.
- Experience with network profiling and optimization
- Passion for making great games and simulations.
- Being a technology enthusiast.
- What you can expect from us
- A refreshing yet highly professional atmosphere in an international team.
- Being an active contributor of the most up to date game development technologies in booming VR industry.
- Monthly renewing meal voucher.
- Free public transportation ticket (Istanbul Kart) monthly subscription.
- Unlimited refreshments at the office.
Apply for this Position
Please apply directly online and, if applicable, upload your materials as specified on the job posting. Fields marked with a * are required.
We are Crytek.
Crytek is an independent video game developer, publisher, and technology provider based in Frankfurt, Germany.
Crytek pushes the boundaries of the possible to make the impossible a reality. We want to create the most fun gaming experiences around, and if we have to blow up computer system requirements or push genre boundaries to do so, then we will. With almost two decades of experience in the games industry, Crytek takes its unique combination of experience and skills and continue to make an impact via innovative, fun, cutting-edge games and technology.