Technical Support Specialist - CRYENGINE
We’re looking for a Technical Support Specialist for our CRYENGINE operations team to handle support requests on our various channels. The ideal candidate has a passion for customer support and game development. You will be responsible for assisting customers through the process of achieving their goals with the CRYENGINE and work closely with all internal teams to make sure our customer problems are getting resolved and answered in a timely manner.
- Walk users through the process of installing the CRYENGINE on their machines and starting up the program for the first time.
- Help users troubleshoot issues they encounter and provide actionable tips to resolve the problem.
- Develop in-depth understanding of the CRYENGINE software, knowing the ins and outs of the technology and its game creation pipeline.
- Continuously strive to improve the user experience and overall quality of the CRYENGINE ecosystem.
- Act as the point of contact between our support and the development team.
- Facilitate software feedback to support key objectives, such as troubleshooting and ongoing development of new engine features and improvements.
- Maximize the use of CRYENGINE by training users; interpreting instructions; answering questions on all our support channels.
- Prepare reference for users by writing instructions.
- Collaborating with the CRYENGINE operations & development team to report key observations and trends in the community.
- Provide regular reports to your lead.
- Additional tasks in content creation.
- 1+ years of professional experience either in community management or technical support.
- You are passionate and have a good understanding of game development and its pipeline and tools.
- Experience with helpdesks or customer ticketing systems (e.g. Zendesk, Freshdesk, Jira).
- Working knowledge of PC hardware options and functionality preferred.
- Basic knowledge of 3D software, game engines or other gaming related software preferred.
- Passion for customer support and satisfaction.
- Very good communicator (both written and verbal) in English. (Additional languages are a plus)
- Very good writing and editorial skills.
- Attention to detail and ability to multitask.
- Team player and self-driven.
- Willing to learn.
- Willing to relocate to Frankfurt am Main area, Germany.
- Solid skills in one or more game development discipline (programming in C++/C#, technical/level design, 3D Art, etc.).
- Understanding and interest in web development
- What you can expect from us
- A refreshing yet highly professional atmosphere in a diverse team.
- Flexible work time.
- Free public transportation ticket, which lets you use public transport free of charge 24/7.
- Free onsite German lessons for our employees and partners / spouses.
- Company language is English. Any additional language is a plus, but not a requirement.
- Extensive assistance with getting visa, work permits and communication with local authorities.
- Relocation support.
- A company apartment for your first few months and help in finding a private apartment....and many more!
Apply for this Position
Please apply directly online and, if applicable, upload your materials as specified on the job posting. Fields marked with a * are required.
We are Crytek.
Crytek is an independent video game developer, publisher, and technology provider based in Frankfurt, Germany.
Crytek pushes the boundaries of the possible to make the impossible a reality. We want to create the most fun gaming experiences around, and if we have to blow up computer system requirements or push genre boundaries to do so, then we will. With almost two decades of experience in the games industry, Crytek takes its unique combination of experience and skills and continue to make an impact via innovative, fun, cutting-edge games and technology.