We are looking for an experienced and passionate Project Manager to support our game development team in our Frankfurt, Germany based studio.
As a Project Manager, the candidate is expected to coordinate and track large parts of AAA game development from concept to ship, and drive communication within the team, while ensuring deadlines are met. The candidate must have excellent people management skills, strong schedule and prioritization skills and good background knowledge of game production pipelines, and the games industry.
*Required documents that allow a careful evaluation of your application are resume and cover letter*
- Tracking development on a daily basis, and the ability to react effectively when needed.
- Good understanding of the logistical aspects and realities of software development.
- Able to communicate clearly the needs of the project and the needs of the team.
- Able to prioritize tasks in relation to periodic production goals.
- Ensured team focused on their goals, and ensured team delivered in time and in quality.
- Created and maintained tasks and backlogs.
- Promotes effective and sustainable team dynamics.
- Assisted in the hiring process.
- Proven ability to efficiently organize, lead and execute meetings with effective decisions.
- 3+ years of experience in project management in the games industry.
- At least one AAA console/PC title shipped from beginning to end in a project management role.
- Developmental background in the games industry.
- Has managed one or multiple disciplines and scrum groups.
- Passion and knowledge of games.
- Strong knowledge of Agile and Waterfall development methodologies.
- Able to work under pressure and to handle multiple tasks at the same time.
- Good knowledge of MS Office and Atlassian products (Jira, Confluence etc.).
- Team player and self-driven.
- Willing to learn.
- Solid English skills, good communication skills with strong affinity for transparence.
- Willing to relocate to Frankfurt am Main area, Germany.
- Proven track record of maintaining a healthy team environment with proper organization.
- Proven ability to evaluate development risks and provide contingency plans.
- What you can expect from us
- A refreshing yet highly professional atmosphere in a diverse team.
- Flexible work time.
- Free public transportation ticket, which lets you use public transport free of charge 24/7.
- Free onsite German lessons for our employees and partners / spouses.
- Company language is English. Any additional language is a plus, but not a requirement.
- Extensive assistance with getting visa, work permits and communication with local authorities.
- Relocation support.
- A company apartment for your first few months and help in finding a private apartment....and many more!
Apply for this Position
Please apply directly online and, if applicable, upload your materials as specified on the job posting. Fields marked with a * are required.
We are Crytek.
Crytek is an independent video game developer, publisher, and technology provider based in Frankfurt, Germany.
Crytek pushes the boundaries of the possible to make the impossible a reality. We want to create the most fun gaming experiences around, and if we have to blow up computer system requirements or push genre boundaries to do so, then we will. With almost two decades of experience in the games industry, Crytek takes its unique combination of experience and skills and continue to make an impact via innovative, fun, cutting-edge games and technology.