Project Manager – CRYENGINE Product Team
We are looking for an experienced Project Manager who will support our product team and organize the CRYENGINE UX at our studio in Frankfurt am Main, Germany.
The candidate will be expected to be the primary schedule owner, to prioritize high level goals, and to coordinate and manage his team(s) in agile scrum, and last but not least to ensure completion of product features in technical quality, time and within budget. Candidates must have proven project management and people management skills and needs to be experienced in coordinating across multiple departments.
- Own and implement planning in relation to the overall production roadmap and global priorities.
- Define and coordinate high level goals for UX team in relation to overall CRYENGINE roadmap and vision.
- Manage feature development through initial design and prototyping up to final release.
- Assist UX team by conducting usability testing, focus groups to collect user feedback
- Work closely with Product Management and development team to ensure that tasks are aligned to roadmap goals.
- Oversee, coordinate, track and manage activities cross-functionally to ensure that production goals are completed on time.
- Proactively identify production bottlenecks, dependencies and risks. Take the appropriate steps and provide mitigation plans to resolve them.
- Facilitate communication between team members to promote common goals and team collaboration.
- Create and improve process methodologies to support sustainable working practices, timely delivery, communication and vibrant team health.
- Ensure development status is always visible, and provide regular updates to ensure maximal transparency for all peers and team members.
- Manage a team of UX Designers along with other designers
- Run and conclude performance reviews and 1on1s with team members to help them to improve their craft
- Take an active role in the recruitment process.
- 3+ years of professional experience in a software Project Management role, managing multiple disciplines and development groups.
- Good understanding of creative design projects and the ability to be able to properly communicate the design process to stakeholders
- Good knowledge of agile software development methodologies.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office and Atlassian products such as Jira, Confluence etc.
- Good negotiation, conflict resolution and decision-making skills.
- A true team player, able to collaborate effectively with others towards achieving organizational goals.
- Solid English skills, good communication skills with strong affinity for transparency.
- Willing to relocate to the Frankfurt am Main area, Germany.
- A passion for games and interest in the underlying technology.
- Experience in using CRYENGINE or any other game engine.
- What you can expect from us
- A refreshing yet highly professional atmosphere in a diverse team.
- Flexible work time.
- Free public transportation ticket, which lets you use public transport free of charge 24/7.
- Free onsite German lessons for our employees and partners / spouses.
- Company language is English. Any additional language is a plus, but not a requirement.
- Extensive assistance with getting visa, work permits and communication with local authorities.
- Relocation support.
- A company apartment for your first few months and help in finding a private apartment....and many more!
Apply for this Position
Please apply directly online and, if applicable, upload your materials as specified on the job posting. Fields marked with a * are required.
We are Crytek.
Crytek is an independent video game developer, publisher, and technology provider based in Frankfurt, Germany.
Crytek pushes the boundaries of the possible to make the impossible a reality. We want to create the most fun gaming experiences around, and if we have to blow up computer system requirements or push genre boundaries to do so, then we will. With almost two decades of experience in the games industry, Crytek takes its unique combination of experience and skills and continue to make an impact via innovative, fun, cutting-edge games and technology.