Outsourcing / Localization Manager
We are looking for an experienced and passionate Outsourcing / Localization Manager to support the game development team in our Frankfurt, Germany based studio.
The Outsourcing Manager will conduct project meetings, manage concurrent projects while keeping in mind their interdependencies, track and manage outsourcing needs to successful completion. He/she will work with external vendors and monitor their progress; communicate status, issues and risks to project stakeholders as well as provide leadership to outsourcing team members and maintain project documentation and implementation of process improvement initiatives. This position will work closely with members of Production, Art, Code, Animation, Localization and Marketing teams.
- Managing outsourcing requests for multiple disciplines including Art, Code, Animation and Localization depending on projects needs
- Point of contact for internal stakeholders and external vendors
- Selection, planning and coordination of deadlines
- Ensuring output meets requirements with respect to quality, cost and time.
- Maintaining team morale, efficiency, and productivity
- Remains focused, motivated and effective on all tasks through completion.
- The safeguarding of the company’s assets including source code, art work, tools, technical know-how.
- Pro-actively identifying and resolving risks to project and outsource pipeline and ensure all security measures are in place
- 3+ years of experience managing outsourcing / localization teams
- A strong motivation, high level of commitment and excellent teamwork skills
- Able to work on several different projects simultaneously
- Solid English skills, good communication skills with strong affinity for transparence.
- Takes initiative and is willing to expand own horizon
- Willing to accept and provide direction, work well under pressure, and handle multiple tasks
- Good communication and writing skills and create documentation where required.
- Demonstrates a desire to learn and grow professionally.
- Capable of balancing a project’s changing requirements within schedule, budget and staff limitations.
- Proven track record of maintaining a healthy team environment with proper organization.
- Proven ability to evaluate development risks and provide contingency plans.
- What you can expect from us
- A refreshing yet highly professional atmosphere in a diverse team.
- Flexible work time.
- Free public transportation ticket, which lets you use public transport free of charge 24/7.
- Free onsite German lessons for our employees and partners / spouses.
- Company language is English. Any additional language is a plus, but not a requirement.
- Extensive assistance with getting visa, work permits and communication with local authorities.
- Relocation support.
- A company apartment for your first few months and help in finding a private apartment....and many more!
Apply for this Position
Please apply directly online and, if applicable, upload your materials as specified on the job posting. Fields marked with a * are required.
We are Crytek.
Crytek is an independent video game developer, publisher, and technology provider based in Frankfurt, Germany.
Crytek pushes the boundaries of the possible to make the impossible a reality. We want to create the most fun gaming experiences around, and if we have to blow up computer system requirements or push genre boundaries to do so, then we will. With almost two decades of experience in the games industry, Crytek takes its unique combination of experience and skills and continue to make an impact via innovative, fun, cutting-edge games and technology.