Crytek is looking for a Development Manager to manage the production of high profile titles and franchises. This is a hands-on position requiring the successful candidate to manage teams and processes and to lead by example. This position also requires significant coordination with external partners as well as other departments.
- Continually drive improvements in the People, Processes and Tools of multiplatform franchises, managing the implementation of these improvements
- Ensure that all projects within the franchise are being managed to the required standard, providing hands on assistance where necessary
- Ultimately responsible for ensuring that the product meets or exceeds customer and stakeholder requirements with respect to quality, cost and time
- Monitor and communicate the current status of the project to stakeholders and project team members
- Regularly review risk and action logs for all projects taking immediate action when risk levels exceed acceptable limits
- Mentoring and training of Leads and Project Manager
- Interview for key hires in development team
- Directly responsible for ensuring the team adheres to all company policies and procedures
- Safeguard company assets including source code, art work, tools, game design information and technical know-how
- Maintain team morale, efficiency, and productivity during project
- Experience in the role of Development/Project Manager on a minimum of 2 AAA products within the gaming industry
- Demonstrated desire and ability in implementing positive changes to the People, Processes and Tools of the business
- Demonstrated ability to be proactive and self motivated, work without direct supervision, and present the work of the team and the project in a professional manner
- Capable of balancing a project’s changing requirements within schedule, budget and staff limitations
- Demonstrated ability to integrate the creative and technical design processes while ensuring that high production values are never compromised
- Balance impacts of deadlines and resources against quality requirements of a title and quality of life for staff
- Implementing business change within a product development environment
- Practical experience of traditional product development models
- Strong passion for video game technology
- Solid English skills, good communication skills with strong affinity for transparence
- Willing to relocate to Frankfurt am Main area, Germany
- What you can expect from us
- A refreshing yet highly professional atmosphere in a diverse team.
- Flexible work time.
- Free public transportation ticket, which lets you use public transport free of charge 24/7.
- Free onsite German lessons for our employees and partners / spouses.
- Company language is English. Any additional language is a plus, but not a requirement.
- Extensive assistance with getting visa, work permits and communication with local authorities.
- Relocation support.
- A company apartment for your first few months and help in finding a private apartment....and many more!
Apply for this Position
Please apply directly online and, if applicable, upload your materials as specified on the job posting. Fields marked with a * are required.
We are Crytek.
Crytek is an independent video game developer, publisher, and technology provider based in Frankfurt, Germany.
Crytek pushes the boundaries of the possible to make the impossible a reality. We want to create the most fun gaming experiences around, and if we have to blow up computer system requirements or push genre boundaries to do so, then we will. With almost two decades of experience in the games industry, Crytek takes its unique combination of experience and skills and continue to make an impact via innovative, fun, cutting-edge games and technology.