Technical Director - CRYENGINE
Crytek is looking for a Technical Director to support and enhance our CRYENGINE Development team in our Frankfurt, Germany studio. You should be an experienced engineer with a vision how to improve CRYENGINE so that it is successful in the market and the personal skills to lead the engine groups towards that goal.
- Define the technical requirements, development strategy and roadmap. Help driving its execution.
- Ensure CRYENGINE is built to industry best practices and methodologies in line with long term quality expectations.
- Pursue creation of a streamlined production pipeline that engages and delights customers.
- Establish technical quality level of the product (coding standards, performance and scalability of features and services).
- Work in close cooperation with group of CRYENGINE Technical Leads and ensure its involvement in key technical decisions.
- Produce and maintain plans for mitigation of technical risks across development teams.
- Ensure smooth production together with Dev Management and Technical Leads.
- Aid in setting up financial roadmap and estimation of production costs.
- Collaborate with other technology teams on a technical and knowledge sharing level.
- Coach and mentor Technical Leads when needed to help them get the best out of their teams.
- Keep up with latest technology trends.
- Be involved in the recruitment and on-boarding process.
- Communicate well at all levels, from executive management to interns.
- 10+ years of professional experience in the software or games development domain, with at least 3 years in a Lead Engineer capacity.
- Experience working on a game engine and web based services.
- Worked on at least one AAA title from start to ship as a technical lead.
- Excellent understanding of C++ in the game development environment.
- Solid understanding of Web Development in the Cloud, with knowledge of AWS, Azure or Google Cloud.
- Excellent understanding of the tool pipeline for asset creation.
- Familiarity with information security vulnerabilities and risk management.
- Experience in game development on PCs (Windows, Linux) and current-generation consoles.
- Experience working with Agile Processes.
- Excellent English communication and writing skills.
- Willing to relocate to Frankfurt am Main area, Germany.
- Experience with multiple game engines, preferably CRYENGINE.
- Experience working with high load, high availability services on multiple machines.
- What you can expect from us
- A refreshing yet highly professional atmosphere in a diverse team.
- Flexible work time.
- Free public transportation ticket, which lets you use public transport free of charge 24/7.
- Free onsite German lessons for our employees and partners / spouses.
- Company language is English. Any additional language is a plus, but not a requirement.
- Extensive assistance with getting visa, work permits and communication with local authorities.
- Relocation support.
- A company apartment for your first few months and help in finding a private apartment....and many more!
Apply for this Position
Please apply directly online and, if applicable, upload your materials as specified on the job posting. Fields marked with a * are required.
We are Crytek.
Crytek is an independent video game developer, publisher, and technology provider based in Frankfurt, Germany.
Crytek pushes the boundaries of the possible to make the impossible a reality. We want to create the most fun gaming experiences around, and if we have to blow up computer system requirements or push genre boundaries to do so, then we will. With almost two decades of experience in the games industry, Crytek takes its unique combination of experience and skills and continue to make an impact via innovative, fun, cutting-edge games and technology.