Crytek is looking for a Technical Director to drive the development of an unannounced AAA title in our Frankfurt, Germany studio.
- Be the vision holder of technology, take initiatives and push departments to create the best project possible following the Game Vision.
- Work closely with the Game Director to drive the development and manage the engineering team for the project.
- Coach and mentor Technical Leads and take an active role in hiring new engineers.
- Define the technical requirements, development strategy and roadmap. Help driving its execution.
- Work with the engine team to streamline development roadmap and priorities across different teams and products.
- Work closely with leads of all discipline to evaluate project scope and design on their technical requirements and feasibility and direct the development to fit into those requirements.
- Check the state of development tools and production pipeline regularly to fit to project requirements.
- Plan the pre-production of new game projects to outline technical challenges and avoid barriers during the development.
- Establish technical quality level of the product (coding standards, performance and scalability of features and services).
- Produce and maintain plans for mitigation of technical risks across development teams.
- Ensure smooth production together with Dev Management and Technical Leads.
- Aid in setting up financial roadmap and estimation of production costs.
- Collaborate with other technology teams on a technical and knowledge sharing level.
- Keep up with latest technology trends.
- 10+ years of professional experience in the software or games development domain, with at least 3 years in a Lead Engineer capacity.
- Worked on at least one AAA title from start to ship as a technical lead.
- Excellent understanding of C++ in the game development environment.
- Solid understanding of Cloud services.
- Excellent understanding of the tool pipeline for asset creation.
- Familiarity with information security vulnerabilities and risk management.
- Experience in game development on PCs (Windows, Linux) and current-generation consoles.
- Experience working with Agile Processes.
- Excellent English communication and writing skills.
- Willing to relocate to Frankfurt am Main area, Germany.
- What you can expect from us
- A refreshing yet highly professional atmosphere in a diverse team.
- Flexible work time.
- Free public transportation ticket, which lets you use public transport free of charge 24/7.
- Free onsite German lessons for our employees and partners / spouses.
- Company language is English. Any additional language is a plus, but not a requirement.
- Extensive assistance with getting visa, work permits and communication with local authorities.
- Relocation support.
- A company apartment for your first few months and help in finding a private apartment....and many more!
Apply for this Position
Please apply directly online and, if applicable, upload your materials as specified on the job posting. Fields marked with a * are required.
We are Crytek.
Crytek is an independent video game developer, publisher, and technology provider based in Frankfurt, Germany.
Crytek pushes the boundaries of the possible to make the impossible a reality. We want to create the most fun gaming experiences around, and if we have to blow up computer system requirements or push genre boundaries to do so, then we will. With almost two decades of experience in the games industry, Crytek takes its unique combination of experience and skills and continue to make an impact via innovative, fun, cutting-edge games and technology.