Senior Tools Engineer – CRYENGINE
We are looking for an experienced and talented Senior Tools Engineer for our CRYENGINE Tools team at our Frankfurt, Germany studio.
As Senior Tools Engineer, you will be working in a cooperative, cross-disciplinary environment to develop the CRYENGINE Sandbox Editor. On our innovative and friendly team, you can expect your abilities and scope of duties to grow as you make a real difference.
For over 15 years, Crytek has been at the cutting-edge of computer graphics performance. Our award-winning CRYENGINE empowers developers and creatives at our own studios and licensees worldwide – from small indies to AAA powerhouses – to deliver unique experiences, create new worlds, and ultimately make awesome games.
Join us and we’ll do brilliant work together.
*Required documents that allow a careful evaluation of your application are resume, cover letter and additional samples (Portfolio link / github etc.)*
- Contribute to development of the CRYENGINE Sandbox Editor.
- Design and implement new tools across various game development disciplines (art, level design, animation, build automation).
- Maintain one or multiple Sandbox sub-systems and integrations with the CRYENGINE.
- Collaborate closely and effectively with artists, designers, other content developers, and software engineers on the requirements and design of tools.
- Investigate and evaluate new third-party game development tools.
- Propose tools and methods to increase efficiency and quality of content development.
- Contribute to a public codebase. Keep in touch with community members, indie developers and professional peers to exchange knowledge and experience.
- Contribute to maintenance and improvements of low-level engine systems.
- Ensure reliability and stability of the editor code base.
- Contribute developer documentation based on on-going developments.
- Provide support and training to internal and external developers.
- Adhere to all company policies and procedures.
- Safeguard company assets including source code, artwork, tools, game design information and technical know-how.
- 5+ years of relevant professional software development experience.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or related field.
- Excellent C++ programming and data-driven design skills.
- Experience developing user interfaces and working with Qt framework (or similar).
- Understanding principles of user experience.
- Experience with any game Engines preferably experience with CRYENGINE.
- Excellent data structure and algorithm knowledge.
- Mathematics skills, including proficiency with trigonometry and linear algebra.
- Solid software engineering and debugging skills.
- Good understanding of how modern CPUs work.
- Expertise with performance profiling tools.
- Experience writing code that balances performance and maintainability.
- Familiar with Version-control systems (Perforce, Git).
- Team player and self-driven.
- Willing to learn.
- Solid English skills, good communication skills with strong affinity for transparence.
- Willing to relocate to Frankfurt am Main area, Germany.
- Passion for making great games.
- Experience working in with multithreaded, real-time systems.
- Experience with writing technical documentation.
- Experience with large code bases.
- Experience with C++ 11/14.
- Knowledge of MFC.
- Experience with scripting languages, such as Lua or Python.
- What you can expect from us
- A refreshing yet highly professional atmosphere in a diverse team.
- Flexible work time.
- Free public transportation ticket, which lets you use public transport free of charge 24/7.
- Free onsite German lessons for our employees and partners / spouses.
- Company language is English. Any additional language is a plus, but not a requirement.
- Extensive assistance with getting visa, work permits and communication with local authorities.
- Relocation support.
- A company apartment for your first few months and help in finding a private apartment....and many more!
Apply for this Position
Please apply directly online and, if applicable, upload your materials as specified on the job posting. Fields marked with a * are required.
We are Crytek.
Crytek is an independent video game developer, publisher, and technology provider based in Frankfurt, Germany.
Crytek pushes the boundaries of the possible to make the impossible a reality. We want to create the most fun gaming experiences around, and if we have to blow up computer system requirements or push genre boundaries to do so, then we will. With almost two decades of experience in the games industry, Crytek takes its unique combination of experience and skills and continue to make an impact via innovative, fun, cutting-edge games and technology.