Senior Systems Programmer - CRYENGINE
We are looking for an experienced and passionate Senior Systems Programmer to become a part of our CRYENGINE team at our Frankfurt, Germany studio.
For almost 20 years, Crytek has been at the cutting-edge of computer graphics performance. Our award-winning CRYENGINE empowers developers and creatives at our own studios and licensees worldwide – from small indies to AAA powerhouses – to deliver unique experiences, create new worlds, and ultimately make awesome games.
Join us and we’ll do brilliant work together.
*Required documents that allow a careful evaluation of your application are resume, cover letter and additional samples / private projects (github)*
- Design and implement new low-level engine technologies.
- Continuously improve existing engine functionality.
- Ensure engine’s cross platform compatibility.
- Advice and mentor fellow programmers.
- Document technology implementation details.
- Passionate about engine programming.
- 5+ years of professional experience in game or game engine development field.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or related field.
- Excellent programming skills in C++.
- Experience with multi-threading.
- Experience with multiplatform development.
- Knowledge and experience with existing engine technologies in the field of file, memory or profiling systems.
- Ability to debug complex defects.
- Experience with any game engines preferably experience with CRYENGINE.
- Team player and self-driven.
- Solid English skills, good communication skills with strong affinity for transparence.
- Willing to relocate to Frankfurt am Main area, Germany.
- Experience in profiling and optimizing 3rd Party code.
- Experience with build pipelines and common compilers.
- Experience with current generation consoles.
- What you can expect from us
- A refreshing yet highly professional atmosphere in a diverse team.
- Flexible work time.
- Free public transportation ticket, which lets you use public transport free of charge 24/7.
- Free onsite German lessons for our employees and partners / spouses.
- Company language is English. Any additional language is a plus, but not a requirement.
- Extensive assistance with getting visa, work permits and communication with local authorities.
- Relocation support.
- A company apartment for your first few months and help in finding a private apartment....and many more!
Apply for this Position
Please apply directly online and, if applicable, upload your materials as specified on the job posting. Fields marked with a * are required.
We are Crytek.
Crytek is an independent video game developer, publisher, and technology provider based in Frankfurt, Germany.
Crytek pushes the boundaries of the possible to make the impossible a reality. We want to create the most fun gaming experiences around, and if we have to blow up computer system requirements or push genre boundaries to do so, then we will. With almost two decades of experience in the games industry, Crytek takes its unique combination of experience and skills and continue to make an impact via innovative, fun, cutting-edge games and technology.