Senior Server Programmer - HUNT
We are looking for an experienced and passionate Senior Server Programmer to work on our online-game backend technology in Frankfurt, Germany studio.
The Senior Server Programmer will develop and enhance online-backend systems used across Crytek games. Ideal candidate has experience with functional requirements of online-services from perspective of real-time/game applications, working with/architecting scalable compute clusters, network traffic analysis etc. The position involves working with cross-disciplinary groups, including interaction with game design and programming teams.
*Required documents that allow a careful evaluation of your application are resume, cover letter and additional samples / private projects (github)*
- Develop and support of reliable and high performance online services, help integrate them into company’s products.
- Act as mentor.
- Create accurate task duration estimate and completes all work in a timely basis.
- Remain focused, motivated and effective on all tasks through completion.
- Use good communication and writing skills and create documentation where required.
- Defined prior to the commencement of these duties. Safeguard the company's assets including source code, art work, tools, and technical know-how.
- Provide input to department project status meetings.
- Actively participate in team working on project by making recommendations on how to improve product quality as well as group productivity.
- Create documentation where required.
- Demonstrate a desire to learn and grow professionally.
- At least 7 years of professional work experience as Programmer, preferably in the games industry.
- At least a Bachelor's degree in computer science or related field or equivalent work experience.
- Direct responsibility for performance and functionality of certain server modules.
- Excellent understanding of either C++ or C#, working experience with both.
- Programming & trouble-shooting experience in Linux-like environments.
- Debugging/optimization skills.
- Experience with multithreading.
- Experience with network programming.
- Ability to work in a collaborative programming environment.
- Willing to accept and provide direction, work well under pressure, and handle multiple tasks.
- Passion for making great games.
- Ability to contribute innovative and original ideas towards all aspects of game production and development.
- Team player and self-driven.
- Willing to learn.
- Solid English skills, good communication skills with strong affinity for transparence.
- Willing to relocate to Frankfurt am Main area, Germany.
- Experience with Actor Model, CSP or other concurrent programming model. // - e.g.: C# tasks, go routines, Erlang.
- Relational database programming experience (SQL, TSQL, PL/SQL).
- Experience developing secure online services.
- Experience with making multiplayer games.
- Management and leadership skills.
- What you can expect from us
- A refreshing yet highly professional atmosphere in a diverse team.
- Flexible work time.
- Free public transportation ticket, which lets you use public transport free of charge 24/7.
- Free onsite German lessons for our employees and partners / spouses.
- Company language is English. Any additional language is a plus, but not a requirement.
- Extensive assistance with getting visa, work permits and communication with local authorities.
- Relocation support.
- A company apartment for your first few months and help in finding a private apartment....and many more!
Apply for this Position
Please apply directly online and, if applicable, upload your materials as specified on the job posting. Fields marked with a * are required.
We are Crytek.
Crytek is an independent video game developer, publisher, and technology provider based in Frankfurt, Germany.
Crytek pushes the boundaries of the possible to make the impossible a reality. We want to create the most fun gaming experiences around, and if we have to blow up computer system requirements or push genre boundaries to do so, then we will. With almost two decades of experience in the games industry, Crytek takes its unique combination of experience and skills and continue to make an impact via innovative, fun, cutting-edge games and technology.