Senior Physics Programmer - CRYENGINE
We are looking for an experienced Senior Physics Programmer to become a member of the CRYENGINE team at our studio in Frankfurt, Germany.
You would help us to maintain and improve our physics code and to integrate third-party solutions.
Our goal is to provide a comprehensive engine solution with high performance and a modular design that is easily accessible and customizable by users.
*For a careful evaluation of your application, we kindly request you to send us your resume, a cover letter and additional work samples that might be relevant.*
- Maintain and extend the existing physics framework and tools.
- Work closely with animators, artists, designers and programmers to improve the physics system and support them in its application and tuning.
- Design new functional and engaging features that allow users to develop various styles of games.
- Implement new features based on research of the latest techniques to make games physically believable.
- Evaluate and integrate alternative third-party solutions such as PhysX, Havok etc.
- Plan development in coordination with project management.
- Write clear, maintainable and robust code.
- Test, debug, optimize and document your implementations.
- Mentor junior programmers.
- 5+ years of programming experience in game physics engine development.
- Master’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience.
- Familiarity with third-party physics engines such as PhysX, Havok etc.
- Excellent programming skills in C++.
- Strong software engineering and debugging skills.
- Strong 3D math skills.
- Knowledge of classical mechanics and computational geometry.
- Expertise in rigid-body dynamics, collision response, and simulations as applied in game development.
- Experience with multi-threading.
- Ability to learn and master a large existing code base.
- Ability to research and learn about new techniques and adapt them to project requirements.
- Good communication skills and ability to work effectively on shared projects with animators, artists, designers, testers, and other developers.
- Willingness to relocate to Frankfurt am Main area, Germany.
- Game development experience, including having shipped titles on PC or consoles.
- GPU programming experience.
- Xbox One and PS4 programming experience.
- Experience with profiling, low level optimizations and fixing stability issues.
- Familiarity with content generation tools such as Maya, 3dsMax etc.
- What you can expect from us
- A refreshing yet highly professional atmosphere in a diverse team.
- Flexible work time.
- Free public transportation ticket, which lets you use public transport free of charge 24/7.
- Free onsite German lessons for our employees and partners / spouses.
- Company language is English. Any additional language is a plus, but not a requirement.
- Extensive assistance with getting visa, work permits and communication with local authorities.
- Relocation support.
- A company apartment for your first few months and help in finding a private apartment....and many more!
Apply for this Position
Please apply directly online and, if applicable, upload your materials as specified on the job posting. Fields marked with a * are required.
We are Crytek.
Crytek is an independent video game developer, publisher, and technology provider based in Frankfurt, Germany.
Crytek pushes the boundaries of the possible to make the impossible a reality. We want to create the most fun gaming experiences around, and if we have to blow up computer system requirements or push genre boundaries to do so, then we will. With almost two decades of experience in the games industry, Crytek takes its unique combination of experience and skills and continue to make an impact via innovative, fun, cutting-edge games and technology.