Senior Gameplay Programmer
Crytek is looking for an experienced and passionate Senior Gameplay Programmer to support our HUNT development team in our Frankfurt (Germany) studio.
The ideal candidate will be an experienced game programmer with passion for gameplay. This is a position where design, game code implementation and tools are all parts of the daily job. The position involves working within cross-disciplinary groups. As a key member of the team you’ll be involved in crafting great AAA games using state-of-the-art technology.
- Work with existing engine code base to drive the development of gameplay features.
- Integrate creative and technical design processes while ensuring that high production values are never compromised.
- Create immersive and compelling gameplay experiences.
- Optimize and debug code for Console and PC platforms.
- Mentor Junior Programmers
- Specify and contribute to the testing procedures.
- Create accurate task duration estimates and complete all work in a timely basis.
- Remain focused, motivated and effective on all tasks through to completion.
- Display good communication and writing skills and create documentation where required.
- Develop well designed software within project schedule to Crytek standards.
- Actively participate in team working on project by making recommendations on how to improve product quality as well as group productivity.
- Provide input to department project status meetings.
- 5+ years of professional experience as programmer in the games industry.
- Worked on at least one shipped product from beginning to end, ideally cross-platform.
- Excellent understanding of C++ in a games development environment.
- Strong mathematical skills.
- Experience with current Console and PC development processes.
- Experience working with scripting languages and/or node-based scripting.
- Show a strong passion for making the highest quality / state of the art games.
- Experience with any game engines preferably experience with CRYENGINE.
- Team player and self-driven.
- Willing to learn.
- Solid English skills, good communication skills with strong affinity for transparence.
- Willing to relocate to Frankfurt am Main area, Germany.
- What you can expect from us
- A refreshing yet highly professional atmosphere in a diverse team.
- Flexible work time.
- Free public transportation ticket, which lets you use public transport free of charge 24/7.
- Free onsite German lessons for our employees and partners / spouses.
- Company language is English. Any additional language is a plus, but not a requirement.
- Extensive assistance with getting visa, work permits and communication with local authorities.
- Relocation support.
- A company apartment for your first few months and help in finding a private apartment....and many more!
Apply for this Position
Please apply directly online and, if applicable, upload your materials as specified on the job posting. Fields marked with a * are required.
We are Crytek.
Crytek is an independent video game developer, publisher, and technology provider based in Frankfurt, Germany.
Crytek pushes the boundaries of the possible to make the impossible a reality. We want to create the most fun gaming experiences around, and if we have to blow up computer system requirements or push genre boundaries to do so, then we will. With almost two decades of experience in the games industry, Crytek takes its unique combination of experience and skills and continue to make an impact via innovative, fun, cutting-edge games and technology.