Network Programmer - HUNT
We are looking for an experienced and passionate Network Programmer to support our HUNT development teams in our Frankfurt, Germany studio.
*Required documents that allow a careful evaluation of your application are resume, cover letter and additional samples*
- Develop and maintain low level networking system.
- Responsible for profiling and optimizing existing systems.
- Take active part in design, development and documentation of new features. Contributing to development goals as part of a passionate team.
- Work closely with other programming disciplines to achieve great multiplayer experiences in the game.
- Give work estimates and prioritize tasks in collaboration with peers and project management.
- Passionate about high performance network techniques and systems.
- Gather and incorporate feedback to meet the needs of artists and designers.
- Create accurate task duration estimates and complete all work in a timely basis.
- Remain focused, motivated and effective on all tasks through to completion.
- Create documentation where required.
- Develop well designed software, in cooperation with leads, within project schedule to team standards.
- Provide input to department project status meetings.
- 3+ years of professional network programming experience.
- At least a Bachelor’s degree in relevant field or equivalent work experience.
- Strong programming skills in C++ and strong software engineering and debugging skills.
- Experience with TCP & UDP network protocols, familiar with NAT traversal, packet routing, OSI model.
- Past experience on network-related features for a shipped multiplayer title.
- Experience with any game Engines preferably experience with CRYENGINE.
- Team player and self driven.
- Willing to learn.
- Solid English skills, good communication skills with strong affinity for transparence.
- Willing to relocate to Frankfurt am Main area, Germany.
- Experience with PSN and/or Xbox Live.
- Passion for making great games.
- Experience writing technical documentation.
- Experience with multiplatform development.
- What you can expect from us
- A refreshing yet highly professional atmosphere in a diverse team.
- Flexible work time.
- Free public transportation ticket, which lets you use public transport free of charge 24/7.
- Free onsite German lessons for our employees and partners / spouses.
- Company language is English. Any additional language is a plus, but not a requirement.
- Extensive assistance with getting visa, work permits and communication with local authorities.
- Relocation support.
- A company apartment for your first few months and help in finding a private apartment....and many more!
Apply for this Position
Please apply directly online and, if applicable, upload your materials as specified on the job posting. Fields marked with a * are required.
We are Crytek.
Crytek is an independent video game developer, publisher, and technology provider based in Frankfurt, Germany.
Crytek pushes the boundaries of the possible to make the impossible a reality. We want to create the most fun gaming experiences around, and if we have to blow up computer system requirements or push genre boundaries to do so, then we will. With almost two decades of experience in the games industry, Crytek takes its unique combination of experience and skills and continue to make an impact via innovative, fun, cutting-edge games and technology.