Network Programmer - CRYENGINE
We are looking for an experienced and passionate Network Programmer to develop and maintain CRYENGINE Networking Systems at our Frankfurt, Germany studio.
For almost 20 years, Crytek has been at the cutting-edge of computer graphics performance. Our award-winning CRYENGINE empowers developers and creatives at our own studios and licensees worldwide – from small indies to AAA powerhouses – to deliver unique experiences, create new worlds, and ultimately make awesome games.
Join us and we’ll do brilliant work together.
*Required documents that allow a careful evaluation of your application are resume, cover letter and additional samples*
- Develop and maintain CRYENGINE Networking Systems.
- Improve and optimize existing components of code base.
- Take active part in design, development and documentation of new features.
- Work with the game project teams to assist in multiplayer technology integration into Crytek in-house games.
- Maintain cross-platform solutions to support third-party online services (PSN, Xbox Live).
- Give work estimates and prioritize tasks in collaboration with peers and project management.
- Create and maintain technical documentation
- Remain focused, motivated and effective on all tasks through to completion
- 3+ years of professional network programming experience.
- At least a Bachelor’s degree in relevant field or equivalent work experience.
- Strong programming skills in C++ and strong software engineering and debugging skills.
- Experience with TCP & UDP network protocols, familiar with NAT traversal, packet routing, OSI model.
- Experience with multithreading.
- Experience with any game engines, preferably experience with CRYENGINE.
- Team player and self-driven.
- Willing to learn.
- Solid English skills, good communication skills with strong affinity for transparency.
- Willing to relocate to Frankfurt am Main area, Germany.
- Experience with Steam, PSN and/or Xbox Live.
- Passion for making great games.
- Experience with writing technical documentation.
- Experience with multiplatform development.
- What you can expect from us
- A refreshing yet highly professional atmosphere in a diverse team.
- Flexible work time.
- Free public transportation ticket, which lets you use public transport free of charge 24/7.
- Free onsite German lessons for our employees and partners / spouses.
- Company language is English. Any additional language is a plus, but not a requirement.
- Extensive assistance with getting visa, work permits and communication with local authorities.
- Relocation support.
- A company apartment for your first few months and help in finding a private apartment....and many more!
Apply for this Position
Please apply directly online and, if applicable, upload your materials as specified on the job posting. Fields marked with a * are required.
We are Crytek.
Crytek is an independent video game developer, publisher, and technology provider based in Frankfurt, Germany.
Crytek pushes the boundaries of the possible to make the impossible a reality. We want to create the most fun gaming experiences around, and if we have to blow up computer system requirements or push genre boundaries to do so, then we will. With almost two decades of experience in the games industry, Crytek takes its unique combination of experience and skills and continue to make an impact via innovative, fun, cutting-edge games and technology.