Lead Rendering Engineer
Crytek is looking for a Lead Rendering Engineer - someone who can and wants to push the boundaries of rendering technology even further in CRYENGINE.
As Lead of the rendering team you will work very closely with CRYENGINE's rendering experts and will not just provide technical direction, but also mentor colleagues and offer guidance and support in respect to their R&D efforts that will be shaping the next generation of rendering techniques.
Along with the Technical Director you will define the roadmap of the CRYENGINE rendering technology stack and in consideration of internal projects and release dates oversee its execution. You will also collaborate directly with the Art and Design departments of our game teams, to design rendering features, propose optimizations and assist generally in order to get the maximum out of CRYENGINE.
Join us and we’ll invent the future together.
*Required documents that allow a careful evaluation of your application are resume, cover letter and additional samples*
- Lead development of CRYENGINE's cutting-edge rendering system.
- Guide R&D efforts towards next-generation rendering technology.
- Shape the CRYENGINE roadmap together with the Technical Director.
- Perform CPU and GPU performance profiling and propose optimizations on various platforms.
- Work with game teams to achieve visually stunning game experiences.
- Guide and mentor fellow rendering engineers.
- Play a key role in the recruiting process for the rendering team.
- 5+ years of professional experience as a Rendering/Graphics Engineer, preferably in the gaming industry.
- 2+ years of professional experience in a leading position.
- Hands on experience shipping multiple titles.
- Excellent C++ programming and software design skills.
- Excellent GPU and CPU debugging and optimization skills.
- Strong understanding of graphics pipelines and rendering techniques.
- Deep experience with one or more graphics/compute APIs (DirectX, Vulkan, GNM, etc.).
- Strong passion for video game technology and graphics in particular.
- Experience with game engines, preferably experience with CRYENGINE.
- Solid English skills, good communication skills with strong affinity for transparence.
- Willing to relocate to Frankfurt am Main area, Germany.
- Passion for making great games.
- Experience with multiple platforms (PC, Android, Xbox, Playstation, etc.).
- Experience with writing technical documentation.
- What you can expect from us
- A refreshing yet highly professional atmosphere in a diverse team.
- Working with cutting edge technology
- Flexible work time.
- Free public transportation ticket, which lets you use public transport free of charge 24/7.
- Free onsite German lessons for our employees and partners / spouses.
- Company language is English. Any additional language is a plus, but not a requirement.
- Extensive assistance with getting visa, work permits and communication with local authorities.
- Relocation support.
- Support with your first accommodation and help in finding a private apartment....and many more!
Apply for this Position
Please apply directly online and, if applicable, upload your materials as specified on the job posting. Fields marked with a * are required.
We are Crytek.
Crytek is an independent video game developer, publisher, and technology provider based in Frankfurt, Germany.
Crytek pushes the boundaries of the possible to make the impossible a reality. We want to create the most fun gaming experiences around, and if we have to blow up computer system requirements or push genre boundaries to do so, then we will. With almost two decades of experience in the games industry, Crytek takes its unique combination of experience and skills and continue to make an impact via innovative, fun, cutting-edge games and technology.