Junior UI Programmer
Crytek is looking for a Junior UI Programmer to support our team on a project in our Frankfurt, Germany studio.
As the Junior UI programmer, you will help develop the tools and interaction methods that are required for building responsive and easy to use user interfaces. Working closely with UI and UX Designers, you will play an important role in how the UI is built and how it will function. The ideal candidate has experience in different parts of game development.
- Develop, maintain, optimize and test the UI systems to work efficiently with the supported consoles and platforms.
- Research and develop new systems as well as maintain and optimize existing systems inside the CryENGINE.
- Work to meet the project’s schedule while breaking the process into manageable tasks.
- Write clear, maintainable and portable code.
- Document source code.
- Continue to enhance programming, technical and communication skills.
- Work very closely with UI and UX Designers.
- Demonstrate ownership and responsibility.
- Complete tasks in a timely manner and to a consistent high quality standard.
- Demonstrate a desire to learn and grow professionally.
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science, a similar degree or comparable experience.
- Excellent understanding of C++.
- Strong software engineering and debugging skills.
- Excellent English communication and writing skills.
- Experience in UX Design.
- Keep a positive team-oriented attitude.
- Be proactive and self-motivated, work without direct supervision.
- Willing to relocate to Frankfurt am Main area, Germany.
- Worked on a UI oriented Game Project.
- Knowledge of Flash Professional and ActionScript (2 and/or 3).
- Some knowledge of 3D math.
- Experience in the game industry.
- Experience with writing custom controls, skins and other advanced UI features.
- What you can expect from us
- A refreshing yet highly professional atmosphere in a diverse team.
- Flexible work time.
- Free public transportation ticket, which lets you use public transport free of charge 24/7.
- Free onsite German lessons for our employees and partners / spouses.
- Company language is English. Any additional language is a plus, but not a requirement.
- Extensive assistance with getting visa, work permits and communication with local authorities.
- Relocation support.
- A company apartment for your first few months and help in finding a private apartment....and many more!
Apply for this Position
Please apply directly online and, if applicable, upload your materials as specified on the job posting. Fields marked with a * are required.
We are Crytek.
Crytek is an independent video game developer, publisher, and technology provider based in Frankfurt, Germany.
Crytek pushes the boundaries of the possible to make the impossible a reality. We want to create the most fun gaming experiences around, and if we have to blow up computer system requirements or push genre boundaries to do so, then we will. With almost two decades of experience in the games industry, Crytek takes its unique combination of experience and skills and continue to make an impact via innovative, fun, cutting-edge games and technology.