Junior Server Programmer
Crytek is searching for a Junior Server Programmer to work on online-game backend technology in Frankfurt, Germany studio.
The Junior Server Programmer will work closely with the Department Lead to implement, debug and support online-backend systems used across Crytek games.
- Develop and support of reliable and high performance online services, help integrate them into company’s products.
- Remain focused, motivated and effective on all tasks through completion.
- Demonstrate a desire to learn and grow professionally.
- Use good communication and writing skills and create documentation where required.
- Defined prior to the commencement of these duties. Safeguard the company's assets including source code, art work, tools, and technical know-how.
- Actively participate in team working on project by making recommendations on how to improve product quality as well as group productivity.
- 1+ years of professional experience.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or related field or equivalent work experience.
- Direct responsibility for performance and functionality of certain server modules.
- Working experience with C++ and C# programming skills.
- Debugging skills.
- Understanding of multithreading concepts.
- Self-direction and motivation.
- Ability to work in a collaborative programming environment.
- Willing to accept direction, work well under pressure, and handle multiple tasks.
- Passion for making great games.
- Solid English communication and writing skills.
- Keep a positive team-oriented attitude.
- Willing to relocate to Frankfurt am Main, Germany.
- Python language skills
- Optimization skills.
- Understanding of network programming concepts.
- Ability to contribute innovative and original ideas towards all aspects of game production and development.
- Relational database programming understanding (SQL, TSQL, PL/SQL).
- Unix/Linux systems programming experience.
- Experience in the game industry.
- What you can expect from us
- A refreshing yet highly professional atmosphere in a diverse team.
- Flexible work time.
- Free public transportation ticket, which lets you use public transport free of charge 24/7.
- Free onsite German lessons for our employees and partners / spouses.
- Company language is English. Any additional language is a plus, but not a requirement.
- Extensive assistance with getting visa, work permits and communication with local authorities.
- Relocation support.
- A company apartment for your first few months and help in finding a private apartment....and many more!
Apply for this Position
Please apply directly online and, if applicable, upload your materials as specified on the job posting. Fields marked with a * are required.
We are Crytek.
Crytek is an independent video game developer, publisher, and technology provider based in Frankfurt, Germany.
Crytek pushes the boundaries of the possible to make the impossible a reality. We want to create the most fun gaming experiences around, and if we have to blow up computer system requirements or push genre boundaries to do so, then we will. With almost two decades of experience in the games industry, Crytek takes its unique combination of experience and skills and continue to make an impact via innovative, fun, cutting-edge games and technology.