Junior Physics Programmer - CRYENGINE
We are looking for a Junior Physics Programmer to become a member of the CRYENGINE team at our studio in Frankfurt, Germany. You would help us to maintain and improve our physics code.
Our goal is to provide a comprehensive engine solution with high performance and a modular design that is easily accessible and customizable by users.
*For a careful evaluation of your application, we kindly request you to send us your resume, a cover letter and additional work samples that might be relevant.*
- Maintain and extend the existing physics framework and tools.
- Work closely with designers, artists and programmers to improve the physics system and support them in its application and tuning.
- Stay up to date with recent development and techniques in game physics.
- Take part in design and development of new features and integrate them with our existing systems with guidance from senior engineers.
- Plan development in coordination with project management.
- Write clear, maintainable and robust code.
- Test, debug, optimize and document your implementations.
- Strong interest in game physics development.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience.
- Strong skills in C++, and software engineering and debugging in general.
- Good 3D math background.
- Ability to learn and master a large existing code base.
- Ability to research and learn about new techniques and adapt them to project requirements.
- Good communication skills and ability to work effectively on shared projects with animators, artists, designers, testers, and other developers.
- Willingness to relocate to Frankfurt am Main area, Germany.
- Programming experience with game physics code.
- Familiarity with third-party physics engines such as PhysX, Havok etc.
- Experience with multi-threading.
- GPU programming experience.
- What you can expect from us
- A refreshing yet highly professional atmosphere in a diverse team.
- Flexible work time.
- Free public transportation ticket, which lets you use public transport free of charge 24/7.
- Free onsite German lessons for our employees and partners / spouses.
- Company language is English. Any additional language is a plus, but not a requirement.
- Extensive assistance with getting visa, work permits and communication with local authorities.
- Relocation support.
- A company apartment for your first few months and help in finding a private apartment....and many more!
Apply for this Position
Please apply directly online and, if applicable, upload your materials as specified on the job posting. Fields marked with a * are required.
We are Crytek.
Crytek is an independent video game developer, publisher, and technology provider based in Frankfurt, Germany.
Crytek pushes the boundaries of the possible to make the impossible a reality. We want to create the most fun gaming experiences around, and if we have to blow up computer system requirements or push genre boundaries to do so, then we will. With almost two decades of experience in the games industry, Crytek takes its unique combination of experience and skills and continue to make an impact via innovative, fun, cutting-edge games and technology.