Junior Animation Programmer
We are looking for a passionate Junior Animation Programmer to become a member of the Hunt: Showdown team at our studio in Frankfurt, Germany.
The ideal candidate will have the desire to work together with Animators, Tech Artist, System Designers and other programmers to maintain and improve existing animation code as well as working on new exiting features related to weapons, player behavior and AI cast.
*Required documents that allow a careful evaluation of your application are resume, cover letter and additional samples*
- Maintain and extend the existing animation framework and tools.
- Work closely with designers, artists and programmers to improve the animation system and support them in its application and tuning.
- Stay up to date with recent developments and techniques in character animation.
- Take part in design and development of new features and integrate them with our existing animation, physics, and AI systems.
- Plan development in coordination with project management.
- Write clear, maintainable and robust code.
- Test, debug, profile, optimize and document your implementations.
- Strong interest in creating animation technology.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent work experience.
- Fluent in C++, strong software engineering and debugging skills.
- Strong 3D math background.
- Ability to learn and master a large existing code base.
- Ability to learn about new techniques and adapt them to project requirements.
- Good communication skills and ability to work effectively on shared projects with designers, artists, testers, and other developers.
- Experience with any game engines preferably experience with CRYENGINE.
- Team player and self-driven.
- Willing to learn.
- Solid English skills, good communication skills with strong affinity for transparence.
- Willing to relocate to Frankfurt am Main area, Germany.
- Programming experience with animation code in a game development project.
- Familiarity with content generation tools such as Maya, 3dsMax etc.
- Experience working on game asset pipelines and tools.
- Experience with procedural animations and simulation.
- Experience with multi-threading.
- What you can expect from us
- A refreshing yet highly professional atmosphere in a diverse team.
- Flexible work time.
- Free public transportation ticket, which lets you use public transport free of charge 24/7.
- Free onsite German lessons for our employees and partners / spouses.
- Company language is English. Any additional language is a plus, but not a requirement.
- Extensive assistance with getting visa, work permits and communication with local authorities.
- Relocation support.
- A company apartment for your first few months and help in finding a private apartment....and many more!
Apply for this Position
Please apply directly online and, if applicable, upload your materials as specified on the job posting. Fields marked with a * are required.
We are Crytek.
Crytek is an independent video game developer, publisher, and technology provider based in Frankfurt, Germany.
Crytek pushes the boundaries of the possible to make the impossible a reality. We want to create the most fun gaming experiences around, and if we have to blow up computer system requirements or push genre boundaries to do so, then we will. With almost two decades of experience in the games industry, Crytek takes its unique combination of experience and skills and continue to make an impact via innovative, fun, cutting-edge games and technology.