Build System Engineer - CRYENGINE
Crytek is looking for an experienced Buildsystem Engineer, to support the CRYENGINE team in our Frankfurt, Germany studio.
As a Buildsystem engineer you will bridge the gap between our engine programmers and build engineers.
You will identify bottlenecks and improve our pipelines and build processes, streamlining our development procedures.
Your experience will help to keep our engine on the cutting-edge by pushing the latest IDE and platform SDKs.
At Crytek we hire amazing people to make great things happen.
For over 15 years, we’ve been at the cutting-edge of computer graphics performance. We continually invest in our team and tech as we push the boundaries of the digital visual arts on the latest platforms.
Our award-winning CRYENGINE empowers developers and creatives at our own studios and licensees worldwide – from small indies to AAA powerhouses - to deliver unique experiences, create new worlds and ultimately make awesome games.
Join us and we’ll invent the future together.
*Required documents that allow a careful evaluation of your application are resume, cover letter and additional samples (Portfolio link / github etc.)*
- Develop and maintain the CE buildsystem environment.
- Be a vital part in enhancing developer productivity.
- Ensure CE buildsystem is capable building with common compilers, such as MSVC, GCC, CLANG.
- Ensure CE buildsystem is capable building on the host platforms Windows and Linux.
- Ensure CE buildsystem is configurable to fit licensees' needs.
- Keep CE buildsystem up to date with IDE or Platform SDK changes.
- 1+ years of professional experience with buildsystems.
- Good knowledge of CMake.
- Good C++ skills.
- Experience with Visual Studio.
- Strong knowledge in compiler/linker options.
- Experience with cross-platform development.
- Strong passion to provide an awesome build environment for developers.
- Strong ability to communicate effectively and work closely with co-workers.
- Willing to learn.
- Solid English skills, good communication skills with strong affinity for transparency.
- Willing to relocate to Frankfurt am Main area, Germany.
- Knowledge of WAF build system.
- Good Python knowledge.
- What you can expect from us
- A refreshing yet highly professional atmosphere in a diverse team.
- Flexible work time.
- Free public transportation ticket, which lets you use public transport free of charge 24/7.
- Free onsite German lessons for our employees and partners / spouses.
- Company language is English. Any additional language is a plus, but not a requirement.
- Extensive assistance with getting visa, work permits and communication with local authorities.
- Relocation support.
- A company apartment for your first few months and help in finding a private apartment....and many more!
Apply for this Position
Please apply directly online and, if applicable, upload your materials as specified on the job posting. Fields marked with a * are required.
We are Crytek.
Crytek is an independent video game developer, publisher, and technology provider based in Frankfurt, Germany.
Crytek pushes the boundaries of the possible to make the impossible a reality. We want to create the most fun gaming experiences around, and if we have to blow up computer system requirements or push genre boundaries to do so, then we will. With almost two decades of experience in the games industry, Crytek takes its unique combination of experience and skills and continue to make an impact via innovative, fun, cutting-edge games and technology.