Technical Designer - CRYENGINE Support/Content Team
We are looking for an experienced and ambitious Technical Designer, to support the CRYENGINE Support/Content Team in our Frankfurt, Germany studio.
As Technical Designer for the CRYENGINE Support/Content Team, you would be expected to act as a bridge between business, operations and marketing team as well as the level design, and other departments that are more technical in nature as well as solving problems within the level design group. Primarily this position is responsible to assist in supporting internal (demo/SDK projects) as well as external sources (licensees).
The ideal candidate also needs to have a technical understanding in order to collect and contribute feedback towards CRYENGINE development teams to influence its development, from internal & external sources (licensees).
*Required documents that allow a careful evaluation of your application are resume, cover letter and additional samples / private projects (github)*
- Develop an excellent working knowledge of the CRYENGINE Product.
- Work closely with the business, operation and marketing towards representing CRYENGINE to the public.
- Technical Support for Licensees and Partners and any additional tasks in the area of a technical support.
- Coordinate between Engineers, Technical Writers & end users to deliver clear, concise feedback towards tools & technology being developed in house.
- Collect and contribute feedback towards CRYENGINE development teams to influence its development, from internal & external sources (licensees).
- Work with designers and programmers to determine feature needs and usability.
- Work with CRYENGINE profiling and performance analyzing tools.
- Assists production of Technical Demos and SDK projects, to showcase the power of CRYENGINE & toolset.
- Make sure to maintain existing Projects and templates.
- Produce tutorial videos for Sandbox.
- Prepares teaching material related for training both internal teams and external partners.
- Additional tasks in the area of training.
- Be prepared to speak about our company’s products, Engine / Games on related events.
- General understanding of game development.
- Prior level design / game design experience.
- Good technical background.
- Experience with any game engines, preferably experience with CRYENGINE.
- Show a strong passion for customer service and satisfaction.
- Strong passion for video game technology.
- Willing to learn.
- Solid English skills, good communication skills with strong affinity for transparency.
- Willing to relocate to Frankfurt am Main area, Germany.
- Programming background is a plus.
- Working knowledge of CRYENGINE Sandbox toolset.
- Working knowledge of profiling tools.
- Ability to work with and communicate well across disciplines.
- Experience with Support Ticketing Systems like Jira.
- What you can expect from us
- A refreshing yet highly professional atmosphere in a diverse team.
- Flexible work time.
- Free public transportation ticket, which lets you use public transport free of charge 24/7.
- Free onsite German lessons for our employees and partners / spouses.
- Company language is English. Any additional language is a plus, but not a requirement.
- Extensive assistance with getting visa, work permits and communication with local authorities.
- Relocation support.
- A company apartment for your first few months and help in finding a private apartment....and many more!
Apply for this Position
Please apply directly online and, if applicable, upload your materials as specified on the job posting. Fields marked with a * are required.
We are Crytek.
Crytek is an independent video game developer, publisher, and technology provider based in Frankfurt, Germany.
Crytek pushes the boundaries of the possible to make the impossible a reality. We want to create the most fun gaming experiences around, and if we have to blow up computer system requirements or push genre boundaries to do so, then we will. With almost two decades of experience in the games industry, Crytek takes its unique combination of experience and skills and continue to make an impact via innovative, fun, cutting-edge games and technology.