Graphics Designer - CRYENGINE
Crytek is looking for an experienced Graphics Designer, to support the CRYENGINE team in our Frankfurt, Germany studio.
As Graphics Designer, you will bring a sense of imagination and craftsmanship to the marketing function. You live and breathe design, typography, color theory, and composition and understand the value of creating assets for commercial purposes with a keen eye for the latest trends in design and pop culture.
You will be responsible for creating stunning visuals for both print and digital media and work closely with team members to translate marketing and brand strategies into comps that render beautifully in print and code.
*Required documents that allow a careful evaluation of your application are resume, cover letter and additional samples*
- Conception and design of print-products (logos, ads, brochures, stationery & forms, posters, banners, merchandising articles, event material).
- Concept and design of non-print products (web banners, screen layouts, newsletters).
- Develops or provides direction in the creation of assets for social media such as gifs, photos, or bespoke art.
- Management of projects from concept, design/layout until realization/production including full marketing campaigns.
- Pre-press preparation of artworks.
- Image editing and processing.
- Coordination of projects with external partners (printing houses, suppliers, etc.) and with internal project teams.
- At least 2+ years or professional work experience.
- Possess expert understanding of multimedia design and experience building files for both print and digital.
- Demonstrate hands-on skills in the latest Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrators and Acrobat).
- Possess a killer portfolio with a variety of industries and deliverables represented.
- Have the ability to manage multiple projects and remain flexible through multiple revisions while keeping a keen attention to detail.
- Successfully completed apprenticeship as media designer or comparable education (graphic designer).
- All-round talent with general knowledge of graphic design, color and typography.
- Creative and motivated, with demand for consistent high quality standards.
- Fluent in speaking and writing English.
- Must work well in a team oriented environment.
- Willing to accept and provide direction, work well under pressure, and handle multiple tasks.
- Portfolio with samples, CV, apprenticeship certificate, certificates of employment.
- Keep a positive team-oriented attitude.
- Be proactive and self-motivated.
- Willing to relocate to Frankfurt am Main area, Germany.
- Experience in video game industry, creative/advertising agency.
- Experience in working with CRYENGINE Sandbox Editor is a plus.
- Flash/Actionscript (HTML/Dreamweaver and CSS).
- Strong drawing and illustration skills.
- What you can expect from us
- A refreshing yet highly professional atmosphere in a diverse team.
- Flexible work time.
- Free public transportation ticket, which lets you use public transport free of charge 24/7.
- Free onsite German lessons for our employees and partners / spouses.
- Company language is English. Any additional language is a plus, but not a requirement.
- Extensive assistance with getting visa, work permits and communication with local authorities.
- Relocation support.
- A company apartment for your first few months and help in finding a private apartment....and many more!
Apply for this Position
Please apply directly online and, if applicable, upload your materials as specified on the job posting. Fields marked with a * are required.
We are Crytek.
Crytek is an independent video game developer, publisher, and technology provider based in Frankfurt, Germany.
Crytek pushes the boundaries of the possible to make the impossible a reality. We want to create the most fun gaming experiences around, and if we have to blow up computer system requirements or push genre boundaries to do so, then we will. With almost two decades of experience in the games industry, Crytek takes its unique combination of experience and skills and continue to make an impact via innovative, fun, cutting-edge games and technology.