Crytek is looking for creatively minded and driven FX Artist who can communicate well between programmers and artists to develop cutting edge particles and onscreen effects to work on an unannounced AAA project in our Frankfurt (Germany) studio.
Candidate must be proficient in a diverse set of software including 3ds Max / Maya / Houdini, Photoshop, Substance etc. Experience with real time effects for video games is a necessity.
*Sample pictures and portfolio link, which shows sample work are required*
- Working with Level Designers, Artists and Programmers to create real time special effects for environments, weapons, explosions, onscreen effects, etc. within the platforms limitations.
- Creation of real time particle systems via CryEngine.
- Implementation and optimization of shader based effects (if needed together with shader programmer).
- Texture creation using available graphic applications.
- Population of effects in game using a CryEngine editing tools.
- Solving technical issues that arise with new tools or game performance.
- 2+ years of professional next-gen visual effects development on PC and console hardware.
- At least one shipped title.
- Excellent working knowledge of 2D/3D tools (3D Max / Maya / Houdini, Photoshop).
- Excellent art sense (e.g. knowledge of composition, color, lighting, movement, etc).
- Must have the ability to conceptualize, present, and execute ideas within a schedule, while actively participating in technical and artistic problem solving.
- Ability to quickly understand custom toolsets and deliver assets within the confines of real time engine constraints and programming demands.
- Experience with any game Engines preferably experience with CE
- Team player and self-driven
- Willing to learn
- Solid English skills, good communication skills with strong affinity for transparence
- Willing to relocate to Frankfurt am Main area, Germany.
- What you can expect from us
- A refreshing yet highly professional atmosphere in a diverse team.
- Flexible work time.
- Free public transportation ticket, which lets you use public transport free of charge 24/7.
- Free onsite German lessons for our employees and partners / spouses.
- Company language is English. Any additional language is a plus, but not a requirement.
- Extensive assistance with getting visa, work permits and communication with local authorities.
- Relocation support.
- A company apartment for your first few months and help in finding a private apartment....and many more!
Apply for this Position
Please apply directly online and, if applicable, upload your materials as specified on the job posting. Fields marked with a * are required.
We are Crytek.
Crytek is an independent video game developer, publisher, and technology provider based in Frankfurt, Germany.
Crytek pushes the boundaries of the possible to make the impossible a reality. We want to create the most fun gaming experiences around, and if we have to blow up computer system requirements or push genre boundaries to do so, then we will. With almost two decades of experience in the games industry, Crytek takes its unique combination of experience and skills and continue to make an impact via innovative, fun, cutting-edge games and technology.