Software Architect (Toolchain)
- Drive the architectural vision of the CRYENGINE for the toolchain, including sandbox, resource compiler, DCC tool exporters and engine plugins
- Set code standards and guidelines for the development teams (i.e. C++ features, code style, best practices)
- Ensure high standards for code quality through code reviews and mentoring of coders
- Perforce Administration (layout: depots/streams)
- Developing good working relationships with other employees, such as Product Managers, Programmers and Engineers
- 7+ years of professional experience in the software or games development domain, with at least 1 year in a Software Architect capacity.
- Experience working on game engines, preferably CRYENGINE.
- Excellent understanding of the various engine modules and their interactions.
- Worked on at least one AAA title from start to finish as a systems architect.
- Excellent understanding of C++ in the game development environment
- Excellent English communication and writing skills.
- What you can expect from us
- A refreshing yet highly professional atmosphere in a diverse team.
- Flexible work time.
- Free public transportation ticket, which lets you use public transport free of charge 24/7.
- Free German lessons
- Company language is English. Any additional language is a plus, but not a requirement.
- Extensive assistance with getting visa, work permits and communication with local authorities.
- Relocation support.
- A company apartment for your first few months and help in finding a private apartment.
- ...and much more!
Apply for this Position
Please apply directly online and, if applicable, upload your materials as specified on the job posting. Fields marked with a * are required.
We are Crytek.
Crytek is an independent video game developer, publisher, and technology provider based in Frankfurt, Germany.
Crytek pushes the boundaries of the possible to make the impossible a reality. We want to create the most fun gaming experiences around, and if we have to blow up computer system requirements or push genre boundaries to do so, then we will. With almost two decades of experience in the games industry, Crytek takes its unique combination of experience and skills and continue to make an impact via innovative, fun, cutting-edge games and technology.