Software Architect (Core Engine)
- Drive the architectural vision of the CRYENGINE for the core engine modules, including animation, render and audio systems
- Set code standards and guidelines for the development teams (i.e. C++ features, code style, best practices)
- Ensure high standards for code quality through code reviews and mentoring of coders
- Perforce Administration (layout: depots/streams)
- Developing good working relationships with other employees, such as Product Managers, Programmers and Engineers
- 7+ years of professional experience in the software or games development domain, with at least 1 year in a Software Architect capacity.
- Experience working on game engines, preferably CRYENGINE.
- Excellent understanding of the various engine modules and their interactions.
- Worked on at least one AAA title from start to finish as a systems architect.
- Excellent understanding of C++ in the game development environment
- Excellent English communication and writing skills.
Apply for this Position
Please apply directly online and, if applicable, upload your materials as specified on the job posting. Fields marked with a * are required.
We are Crytek.
Crytek is an independent video game developer, publisher, and technology provider based in Frankfurt, Germany.
Crytek pushes the boundaries of the possible to make the impossible a reality. We want to create the most fun gaming experiences around, and if we have to blow up computer system requirements or push genre boundaries to do so, then we will. With almost two decades of experience in the games industry, Crytek takes its unique combination of experience and skills and continue to make an impact via innovative, fun, cutting-edge games and technology.