Senior Tools Programmer
- Support and extend toolchains in alignment with CRYENGINE requirements.
- Implement new or improve tooling for all departments involved in the game production to achieve project objectives.
- Be aware of market trends and be able to integrate emerging technologies in our pipelines.
- Develop well designed software within project schedule to team standards.
- Proactively improve product quality as well as group productivity.
- Ensure tasks are completed in a timely manner and to a consistent very high quality standard.
- Adopt existing development processes and look for improvements.
- Be a role model for Regular/Junior programmers and contribute to the mentoring process inside the discipline.
- Participate in the recruiting process for the tools programming team.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent.
- 4+ years of professional experience as programmer, preferably within the games industry.
- Hands on experience shipping at least one title, from beginning to end, preferably a cross-platform one.
- Good understanding of C++ in a games development environment.
- Experience with GUI frameworks, preferably Qt.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Experience with state-of-the-art AAA game development tools and methods.
- Ability to communicate effectively with both technical and non-technical parties.
- Solid English skills, excellent communication skills with strong affinity for transparency.
- Be proactive and self-motivated, display strong autonomy.
- Passion for making games.
- Experience with Python and C#.
- Experience with CRYENGINE.
- Previous experience on a multiplatform game.
- Experience with multi-threading.
Apply for this Position
Please apply directly online and, if applicable, upload your materials as specified on the job posting. Fields marked with a * are required.
We are Crytek.
Crytek is an independent video game developer, publisher, and technology provider based in Frankfurt, Germany.
Crytek pushes the boundaries of the possible to make the impossible a reality. We want to create the most fun gaming experiences around, and if we have to blow up computer system requirements or push genre boundaries to do so, then we will. With almost two decades of experience in the games industry, Crytek takes its unique combination of experience and skills and continue to make an impact via innovative, fun, cutting-edge games and technology.