Senior Data Engineer
- Implement and maintain diverse data infrastructure systems, as well as their related ETL pipelines
- Work closely and in collaboration with NetOps team, Data Analysis team and several other stakeholders from diverse departments. As an outcome of these collaboration, it is expected from the candidate, to be able to define and apply data engineering best practices and align systems with up-to-date technologies
- Independently create and run automation scripts for operational data processing
- Work and manage data ETL pipelines using AWS cloud platform, in particular: S3 (Parquet data lake), Glue, SageMaker, Airflow, Athena, Redshift and Redshift Spectrum
- Maintain current data infrastructure systems, including ELK (Elasticsearch, Logstash and Kibana) stack, Kafka cluster, PostgreSQL and Clickhouse databases, and ETL data sinkers developed in Java
- The candidate should also be able to work and manage independently all AWS management services: IAM, VPC, Security/ACL Groups, and CloudWatch
- A degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or Engineering
- At least 5 years experience in data engineering, preferably in context with online games
- Excellent understanding of ETL pipeline cycles
- Proficient in using AWS cloud platform
- Experience using Elasticsearch, PostgreSQL, Clickhouse and Redshift databases
- Good understanding of data streaming processing using Kafka, as well as, batching processing with PySpark
- Good programming and scripting skills using Java 11, Spring Boot, Project Reactor, as well as Python 3, Ruby and shell scripting.
- Good understanding of data types and handling of different data models
- Experience in using Python and PySpark for data engineering
- Comfortable using Docker containers
- Flexibility in using different technologies and platforms
- Proactive and self-motivated, able to work without direct supervision
- Good English communication and writing skills
- What you can expect from us
- A refreshing yet highly professional atmosphere in a diverse team.
- Flexible work time.
- Free public transportation ticket, which lets you use public transport free of charge 24/7.
- Free German lessons
- Company language is English. Any additional language is a plus, but not a requirement.
- Extensive assistance with getting visa, work permits and communication with local authorities.
- Relocation support.
- A company apartment for your first few months and help in finding a private apartment.
- ...and much more!
Apply for this Position
Please apply directly online and, if applicable, upload your materials as specified on the job posting. Fields marked with a * are required.
We are Crytek.
Crytek is an independent video game developer, publisher, and technology provider based in Frankfurt, Germany.
Crytek pushes the boundaries of the possible to make the impossible a reality. We want to create the most fun gaming experiences around, and if we have to blow up computer system requirements or push genre boundaries to do so, then we will. With almost two decades of experience in the games industry, Crytek takes its unique combination of experience and skills and continue to make an impact via innovative, fun, cutting-edge games and technology.