Senior Backend Programmer
- Drive the development and support of a set of reliable and high-performance online services, help integrate them into the company’s products.
- Own the mentoring of Junior/Regular Backend Programmers.
- Create accurate task duration estimates and complete all work on a timely basis to a consistent very high-quality standard.
- Take strong ownership of some of the core backend systems and keep a general overview of backend technologies and their interactions
- Improve the architecture of the whole system with scalability and robustness in mind.
- Debug and optimize any module of the system.
- Proactively create documentation where applicable.
- Participate in the recruiting process for your team.
- 4+ years of professional work experience as a Programmer, preferably in the games industry.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or related field.
- Direct responsibility for the performance and functionality of certain server modules.
- Excellent programming skills in either C++ or C#, working experience with both.
- Strong Debugging/optimization skills.
- Strong Understanding of multithreading concepts.
- Strong Understanding of network programming concepts.
- Ability to work in a collaborative programming environment.
- Willing to accept direction, work well under pressure, and handle multiple tasks.
- Passion for making great games.
- Ability to contribute innovative and original ideas towards all aspects of a game’s production and development.
- Team player and self-driven.
- Willing to learn and grow professionally.
- Solid English skills, good communication skills with a strong affinity for transparency.
- Experience with Actor Model, CSP, or other concurrent programming models. // - e.g.: C# tasks, Goroutines, Erlang.
- Programming & trouble-shooting experience in Linux-like environments.
- Database programming experience (MongoDB, MySQL, …).
- Experience developing secure online services.
- Experience with making multiplayer games.
Apply for this Position
Please apply directly online and, if applicable, upload your materials as specified on the job posting. Fields marked with a * are required.
We are Crytek.
Crytek is an independent video game developer, publisher, and technology provider based in Frankfurt, Germany.
Crytek pushes the boundaries of the possible to make the impossible a reality. We want to create the most fun gaming experiences around, and if we have to blow up computer system requirements or push genre boundaries to do so, then we will. With almost two decades of experience in the games industry, Crytek takes its unique combination of experience and skills and continue to make an impact via innovative, fun, cutting-edge games and technology.