Senior Animation Programmer
- Guide and oversee the development and enhancement of the animation framework and tools, leveraging the capabilities of CRYENGINE in the creation of a new game experience.
- Collaborate closely with engineers, animators, and technical animators to design and implement advanced animation features and tools.
- Conduct analysis, debugging and optimization of memory and performance in systems ranging from high-end to mobile platforms.
- Contribute to the overall design and implementation of the project, providing valuable insights and expertise in animation technology.
- Drive the innovation and improvement of animation systems, ensuring the game delivers cutting-edge and immersive animations.
- Stay up to date with the latest advancements and techniques in computer animation and incorporate them into the project.
- Mentor and guide junior animation programmers, sharing your knowledge and expertise to enhance the team's capabilities.
- 5+ years of programming experience in animation system development.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or equivalent experience.
- Advanced programming skills in C++.
- Good 3D math skills.
- Experience with standard animation technology (animation graphs, animation state machines, rigging systems, low-level animation systems, physics-based animation, IK systems, procedural animations, simulation, etc.).
- Strong foundation in software engineering principles, capable of writing clean, efficient, and maintainable code.
- Proven experience in a cross-disciplinary development environment, demonstrating excellent communication skills to effectively collaborate with non-engineering team members and explain trade-offs.
- Familiarity with existing game engines and editor concepts.
- Fearless attitude and willingness to make significant improvements and changes to an existing engine, pushing boundaries and creating paradigm-shifting advancements.
- Track record of developing in large codebases at a fast pace, demonstrating the ability to balance usability, performance, and power.
- Previous experience working as an animation programmer within a game engine development environment.
- Experience with multi-threading, motion matching, machine learning, and next-gen animation tech.
- Proficiency in developing game asset pipelines and tools.
- Expertise in procedural animations and simulation.
- Familiarity with content generation tools such as Maya, 3dsMax, etc.
- Knowledge of console programming.
Apply for this Position
Please apply directly online and, if applicable, upload your materials as specified on the job posting. Fields marked with a * are required.
We are Crytek.
Crytek is an independent video game developer, publisher, and technology provider based in Frankfurt, Germany.
Crytek pushes the boundaries of the possible to make the impossible a reality. We want to create the most fun gaming experiences around, and if we have to blow up computer system requirements or push genre boundaries to do so, then we will. With almost two decades of experience in the games industry, Crytek takes its unique combination of experience and skills and continue to make an impact via innovative, fun, cutting-edge games and technology.