Online Game Programmer
- In collaboration with the Lead Programmers, evaluate the feasibility of the Design department’s requests and own their planning and delivery.
- Work with the existing online technologies and game codebase to develop and enhance online gameplay (player progression, character roster, rewards, achievements, online events, etc.) for a high-profile project.
- Create compelling and rewarding meta gameplay features.
- Debug and optimize meta gameplay features on backend and all platforms.
- Develop well designed software within project schedule to team standards.
- Contribute to the documentation and (automated) testing procedures.
- Ensure tasks are completed in a timely manner and to a consistent very high quality standard.
- Proactively contribute to the team effort to improve the product quality as well as the group productivity.
- Take ownership of some of the core meta gameplay systems and keep a general overview of game and online technologies and their interactions.
- Participate in the recruiting processes for the online game programming team.
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science or equivalent.
- 2+ years of professional experience as programmer in the games industry.
- Hands on experience developing games and getting them shipped, preferably online ones.
- Good understanding of C++ and C# in an online game development environment.
- Solid understanding of networked multiplayer and backend implementation.
- Experience with online game development tools and methods.
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work and communicate effectively in interdisciplinary teams, to identify problems and propose solutions.
- Excellent English communication skills, with a strong affinity for transparency.
- Be proactive and self-motivated, display autonomy.
- Passion for making games.
- Experience with Linux environments.
- Experience with (visual) scripting languages.
- Experience with CRYENGINE.
- Previous experience on a multiplatform game.
- Experience with console development, TRCs and submission process.
- Experience with data analysis.
- What you can expect from us
- A refreshing yet highly professional atmosphere in a diverse team.
- Flexible work time.
- Free public transportation ticket, which lets you use public transport free of charge 24/7.
- Free German lessons
- Company language is English. Any additional language is a plus, but not a requirement.
- Extensive assistance with getting visa, work permits and communication with local authorities.
- Relocation support.
- A company apartment for your first few months and help in finding a private apartment.
- ...and much more!
Apply for this Position
Please apply directly online and, if applicable, upload your materials as specified on the job posting. Fields marked with a * are required.
We are Crytek.
Crytek is an independent video game developer, publisher, and technology provider based in Frankfurt, Germany.
Crytek pushes the boundaries of the possible to make the impossible a reality. We want to create the most fun gaming experiences around, and if we have to blow up computer system requirements or push genre boundaries to do so, then we will. With almost two decades of experience in the games industry, Crytek takes its unique combination of experience and skills and continue to make an impact via innovative, fun, cutting-edge games and technology.