Linux Server Administrator
- Daily operation and maintenance of a hosted/cloud data-center environment;
- Installation, configuration and patching of system and game software;
- Daily monitoring, management, and reporting tasks, as well as contributing to 99.9% application and system up-time;
- Work closely with R&D to install, configure and operate developed features, as appropriate;
- Ensure appropriate, accurate, up-to-date technical documentation is available for systems and game logic, and environment;
- Assist with process, policy development and documentation;
- Operate and maintain a dynamic, highly available environment.
- 5+ year of Linux System Administrator experience preferred;
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, Computer Networks or Information Security is preferred;
- English level – Intermediate and upper;
- Strong understanding of TCP/IP;
- Linux administration preferably with Ubuntu/Debian Linux;
- Monitoring systems (Nagios, Zabbix, Grafana etc.) (desirable);
- Experience in automation/configuration management tools (Ansible is preferable), GIT/Gitlab;
- Desirable experience with Docker;
- On-hands experience with virtualization technologies;
- Databases knowledge: MySQL (Oracle MySQL, Percona, MariaDB), NoSQL (MongoDB).
- VPN (IPSec, OpenVPN)
- Knowledge of at least one scripting language (Shell, Perl, Python, etc.)
Apply for this Position
Please apply directly online and, if applicable, upload your materials as specified on the job posting. Fields marked with a * are required.
We are Crytek.
Crytek is an independent video game developer, publisher, and technology provider based in Frankfurt, Germany.
Crytek pushes the boundaries of the possible to make the impossible a reality. We want to create the most fun gaming experiences around, and if we have to blow up computer system requirements or push genre boundaries to do so, then we will. With almost two decades of experience in the games industry, Crytek takes its unique combination of experience and skills and continue to make an impact via innovative, fun, cutting-edge games and technology.