Lead Tools Programmer
- Lead the tools programmers and enable them to reach their full potential.
- Support and extend toolchains in alignment with CRYENGINE requirements.
- Implement new or improve tooling for all departments involved in the game production to achieve project objectives.
- Be aware of market trends and be able to integrate emerging technologies in our pipelines.
- Develop well designed software within project schedule to team standards.
- Coordinate tasks and technical implementation with the Technical Director and other Leads based on the current roadmap.
- Proactively drive your team and improve product quality as well as group productivity.
- Ensure tasks are completed in a timely manner and to a consistent very high quality standard.
- Adopt existing development processes and look for improvements.
- Be a role model for Regular/Senior programmers and oversee the mentoring process inside the discipline.
- Play a key role in the recruiting process for the tools programming team.
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- 7+ years of professional experience as programmer within the games industry.
- Hands on experience shipping multiple titles, from beginning to end, preferably cross-platform ones.
- Demonstrated ability to apply creative and technical design processes while ensuring that high production values are never compromised.
- Good understanding of C++ in a games development environment.
- Experience with GUI frameworks, preferably Qt.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Experience with state-of-the-art AAA game development tools and methods.
- Ability to communicate effectively with both technical and non-technical parties.
- Solid English skills, excellent communication skills with strong affinity for transparency.
- Be proactive and self-motivated, work without direct supervision.
- Passion for making games.
- Experience with Python and C#.
- Experience with any game engines, preferably with CRYENGINE.
- Previous experience on a multiplayer game.
- Experience with multi-threading.
- What you can expect from us
- A refreshing yet highly professional atmosphere in a diverse team.
- Working with cutting edge technology
- Flexible work time.
- Free public transportation ticket, which lets you use public transport free of charge 24/7.
- Free German lessons
- Company language is English. Any additional language is a plus, but not a requirement.
- Extensive assistance with getting visa, work permits and communication with local authorities.
- Relocation support.
- A company apartment for your first few months and help in finding a private apartment.
- ...and much more!
Apply for this Position
Please apply directly online and, if applicable, upload your materials as specified on the job posting. Fields marked with a * are required.
We are Crytek.
Crytek is an independent video game developer, publisher, and technology provider based in Frankfurt, Germany.
Crytek pushes the boundaries of the possible to make the impossible a reality. We want to create the most fun gaming experiences around, and if we have to blow up computer system requirements or push genre boundaries to do so, then we will. With almost two decades of experience in the games industry, Crytek takes its unique combination of experience and skills and continue to make an impact via innovative, fun, cutting-edge games and technology.