Lead Software Engineer – CRYENGINE Sandbox
- Lead the development of CRYENGINE’s editor framework.
- Design innovative tools and efficient workflows together with the UX/UI department.
- Ensure reliability and stability of the editor code base.
- Contribute to Developer and end-user documentation.
- Guide and mentor fellow engineers.
- Assist in the recruitment process.
- Take initiative and be willing to expand own horizon.
- Delegate effectively, while involving team members in decision making processes
- 5+ years professional experience working with C++.
- 3+ years of leading engineering teams.
- Experience with toolkits for creating desktop applications such as Qt, WPF, etc.
- Experience shipping software products.
- Experience with game engines, preferably experience with CRYENGINE.
- Strong software engineering and debugging skills.
- Team player and self-driven.
- Solid English skills, good communication skills with strong affinity for transparence.
- Development experience on Apple, Linux, and Android platforms.
- Experience with content importer toolchains, for example for 3ds max or Photoshop.
- Game development experience.
- What you can expect from us
- A refreshing yet highly professional atmosphere in a diverse team.
- Flexible work time.
- Free public transportation ticket, which lets you use public transport free of charge 24/7.
- Supported German lessons for our employees
- Company language is English. Any additional language is a plus, but not a requirement.
- Extensive assistance with getting visa, work permits and communication with local authorities.
- Relocation support.
- A company apartment for your first few months and help in finding a private apartment
- ...and much more!
Apply for this Position
Please apply directly online and, if applicable, upload your materials as specified on the job posting. Fields marked with a * are required.
We are Crytek.
Crytek is an independent video game developer, publisher, and technology provider based in Frankfurt, Germany.
Crytek pushes the boundaries of the possible to make the impossible a reality. We want to create the most fun gaming experiences around, and if we have to blow up computer system requirements or push genre boundaries to do so, then we will. With almost two decades of experience in the games industry, Crytek takes its unique combination of experience and skills and continue to make an impact via innovative, fun, cutting-edge games and technology.