Lead Rendering Engineer
- Lead the rendering programmers and enable them to reach their full potential.
- Integrate CRYENGINE’s renderer into the games and extend its functionality.
- Own the implementation of rendering features to ensure the highest fidelity graphics on all platforms.
- Develop and maintain shaders to enable the game’s vision.
- Collaborate with the CRYENGINE team to guide the R&D efforts.
- Perform CPU and GPU performance profiling and propose optimizations on various platforms.
- Proactively drive your team to achieve visually stunning game experiences.
- Develop well designed software within project schedule to team standards.
- Coordinate tasks and technical implementation with the Technical Director and other Leads based on the current roadmap.
- Ensure tasks are completed in a timely manner and to a consistent very high quality standard.
- Adopt existing development processes and look for improvements.
- Be a role model for Regular/Senior programmers and oversee the mentoring process inside the discipline.
- Play a key role in the recruiting process for the rendering team.
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- 7+ years of professional experience as a Rendering/Graphics Engineer in the gaming industry.
- Hands on experience shipping multiple titles, from beginning to end, preferably cross-platform ones.
- Excellent C++ programming and software design skills.
- Excellent GPU and CPU debugging and optimization skills.
- Strong experience with multithreading and lock-free algorithms.
- Strong understanding of graphics pipelines and state-of-the-art rendering techniques.
- Deep experience with one or more graphics/compute APIs (DirectX, Vulkan, GNM, etc.).
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Strong passion for video game technology and graphics in particular.
- Experience with translating academic research into actual implementations.
- Experience with game engines, preferably experience with CRYENGINE.
- Solid English skills, excellent communication skills with strong affinity for transparency.
- Be proactive and self-motivated, work without direct supervision.
- Passion for making great games.
- Experience with multiple platforms (PC, Android, Xbox, PlayStation, etc.).
- Experience with writing technical documentation.
- Experience with publishing technical papers.
Apply for this Position
Please apply directly online and, if applicable, upload your materials as specified on the job posting. Fields marked with a * are required.
We are Crytek.
Crytek is an independent video game developer, publisher, and technology provider based in Frankfurt, Germany.
Crytek pushes the boundaries of the possible to make the impossible a reality. We want to create the most fun gaming experiences around, and if we have to blow up computer system requirements or push genre boundaries to do so, then we will. With almost two decades of experience in the games industry, Crytek takes its unique combination of experience and skills and continue to make an impact via innovative, fun, cutting-edge games and technology.