Lead Online Operations Engineer
- Overseeing network operations strategic planning and execution globally;
- Negotiating and contracting with DC and hosting service providers;
- Overseeing game servers' installation process and general coordination of hardware management, traffic management;
- Coordination with game development teams (studios) in regards to games server solution architecture for different platforms (PC and consoles);
- Coordination with platform development team in regards to publishing platform server solution architecture;
- Coordination with engine team to build and enhance the online platform infrastructure;
- Revising and trouble-shooting existing games server solutions and investigations in regards to existing issues connected to net ops;
- Setting up high-quality-standard processes in regards to net ops;
- Setting up high-level targets for online ops and net ops like up-time, deployment time, etc.;
- Automatize the processes of deployment and monitoring;
- Manage and motivate the team of server engineers, DB administrators, net ops supporters;
- Installing and connecting anti-bot and anti-cheat systems within existing Crytek’s services, and general technical management of such systems;
- Take responsibility and maximize the service quality of operations of the platform and the game services on the platform.
- 5+ years of professional experience at mid to senior level management;
- 3+ years of experience in operation of online platforms;
- Extensive experience of network operations for games as a service;
- Extensive experience in architecture and trouble-shooting of network solutions;
- Knowledge and understanding of the nature of Online Games;
- Excellent client service skills & project management skills (e.g. managing to timelines & budgets, setting expectations, developing internal metrics, sharing knowledge, etc.);
- Experience with financial forecasting and budget management;
- Excellent English communication and writing skills.
Apply for this Position
Please apply directly online and, if applicable, upload your materials as specified on the job posting. Fields marked with a * are required.
We are Crytek.
Crytek is an independent video game developer, publisher, and technology provider based in Frankfurt, Germany.
Crytek pushes the boundaries of the possible to make the impossible a reality. We want to create the most fun gaming experiences around, and if we have to blow up computer system requirements or push genre boundaries to do so, then we will. With almost two decades of experience in the games industry, Crytek takes its unique combination of experience and skills and continue to make an impact via innovative, fun, cutting-edge games and technology.