Lead Game Programmer
- Lead the game programming discipline and enable them to reach their full potential.
- Work with existing engine code base to develop and enhance game play. This can include player / world interaction, AI strategies and rules, game play, etc.
- Develop and extend game systems for a high profile game.
- Develop well designed software within project schedule to team standards.
- Document source code.
- Coordinate tasks and technical implementation with the Technical Director and other programming Leads based on the current roadmap.
- Create immersive and compelling gameplay experiences.
- Debug and optimize latest console and PC performance.
- Specify and contribute to testing procedures.
- Show a strong passion for making the highest quality state of the art games.
- Continue to enhance programming and communications skills.
- Proactively drive your team and improve product quality as well as group productivity.
- Provide input to department project status meetings.
- Coordinate with other studio groups including art, design and production to achieve project objectives.
- Complete all tasks in a timely manner and to a consistent very high quality standard.
- Excellent communication and writing skills and create documentation where required.
- Be a role model for Regular/Senior programmers and oversee the mentoring process inside the discipline.
- 7+ years of professional software development experience as programmer within the games industry or equivalent.
- Shipped at least 1 product on either console or PC from beginning to end.
- Demonstrated ability to apply creative and technical design processes while ensuring that high production values are never compromised.
- Adopt existing development processes and look for improvements.
- Previous experience in a combat, melee or shooter based game, ideally multiplayer.
- Passion for making games.
- Excellent understanding of C++ in a games development environment.
- Strong mathematical and problem-solving skills.
- Experience with state-of-the-art game development tools and methods.
- Experience with multi-threading.
- Experience with network profiling and optimization.
- Experience with any game engines preferably experience with CRYENGINE.
- Excellent English communication and writing skills.
- Keep a positive team-oriented attitude.
- Be proactive and self-motivated, work without direct supervision.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, a similar degree or comparable experience
Apply for this Position
Please apply directly online and, if applicable, upload your materials as specified on the job posting. Fields marked with a * are required.
We are Crytek.
Crytek is an independent video game developer, publisher, and technology provider based in Frankfurt, Germany.
Crytek pushes the boundaries of the possible to make the impossible a reality. We want to create the most fun gaming experiences around, and if we have to blow up computer system requirements or push genre boundaries to do so, then we will. With almost two decades of experience in the games industry, Crytek takes its unique combination of experience and skills and continue to make an impact via innovative, fun, cutting-edge games and technology.