Lead Animation Programmer
- Lead the animation programming discipline and enable the team to reach their full potential.
- Collaborate closely with engineers, animators, and technical animators to design and implement advanced animation features and tools.
- Work with existing engine code base to architect and enhance animation systems.
- Gather requirements and set goals for the animation team, lead the design and architecture of the code development, and coordinate its implementation.
- Research the latest advancements and techniques in computer animation to create immersive and realistic character animations.
- Proactively drive your team and improve product quality as well as group productivity.
- Delegate effectively while involving team members in the decision-making process.
- Coordinate with other Leads and Directors, including from other projects and studio groups, including different tech, art, design, and production, to achieve project objectives.
- Mentor, guide and role-model for other animation programmers, sharing your knowledge and expertise to enhance the team's capabilities, and overseeing lower-level mentoring in the team.
- 7+ years of programming experience in animation system development, as a Senior or equivalent position.
- Bachelor's degree or higher in Computer Science, relevant field, or equivalent work experience.
- Worked on shipped products, on console or PC.
- Good communication skills and ability to work effectively on shared projects with designers, animators, artists, testers, and other developers.
- Excellent understanding of animation architecture and standard technology (rigging systems, animation state machines, low-level animation systems, physics-based animation, IK systems, procedural animations, simulation, etc.).
- Experience with performance measurement and optimization.
- Excellent understanding of C++ in a game development environment.
- Good 3D math skills.
- Experience with multi-threading.
- Strong software engineering and debugging skills.
- Experience with any game engine.
- Ability to learn and master a large existing code base.
- Ability to learn about new techniques and adapt them to project requirements.
- Previous experience working as an animation programmer within a game engine development environment.
- Experience with multi-threading, motion matching, machine learning, and next-gen animation tech.
- Proficiency in developing game asset pipelines and tools.
- Expertise in procedural animations and simulation.
- Familiarity with content generation tools such as Maya, 3dsMax, etc.
- Knowledge of console programming.
Apply for this Position
Please apply directly online and, if applicable, upload your materials as specified on the job posting. Fields marked with a * are required.
We are Crytek.
Crytek is an independent video game developer, publisher, and technology provider based in Frankfurt, Germany.
Crytek pushes the boundaries of the possible to make the impossible a reality. We want to create the most fun gaming experiences around, and if we have to blow up computer system requirements or push genre boundaries to do so, then we will. With almost two decades of experience in the games industry, Crytek takes its unique combination of experience and skills and continue to make an impact via innovative, fun, cutting-edge games and technology.