Lead Animation Programmer
- Lead the animation programmers and enable them to reach their full potential.
- Integrate CRYENGINE’s animation technologies into the games and extend their functionalities.
- Work closely with animators, tech-artists, gameplay and AI teams and empower them to achieve their goals.
- Collaborate with the CRYENGINE team to guide the R&D efforts.
- Proactively drive your team to achieve visually stunning game experiences.
- Profile and optimize the animation systems, both on CPU and on GPU, for the various target platforms.
- Develop well designed software within project schedule to team standards.
- Coordinate tasks and technical implementation with the Technical Director and the other Leads based on the current roadmap.
- Ensure tasks are completed in a timely manner and to a consistent very high quality standard.
- Adopt existing development processes and look for improvements.
- Be a role model for Regular/Senior programmers and oversee the mentoring process inside the discipline.
- Play a key role in the recruiting process for your team.
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- 7+ years of professional experience as an Animation Programmer in the gaming industry.
- Hands on experience with animation technologies, shipping multiple titles, from beginning to end, preferably cross-platform ones.
- Excellent C++ programming and software design skills.
- Excellent software design, debugging and optimization skills.
- Strong experience with multithreading and lock-free algorithms.
- Strong understanding of animation pipelines.
- Strong mathematical background.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Strong passion for video game technology and animation in particular.
- Experience with translating academic research into actual implementations.
- Experience with game engines, preferably experience with CRYENGINE.
- Solid English skills, excellent communication skills with strong affinity for transparency.
- Be proactive and self-motivated, work without direct supervision.
- Passion for making great games.
- Experience with multiple platforms (PC, Android, Xbox, Playstation, etc.).
- Experience with Maya or similar DCC tools.
- Experience with motion capture systems.
- Experience with writing technical documentation.
Apply for this Position
Please apply directly online and, if applicable, upload your materials as specified on the job posting. Fields marked with a * are required.
We are Crytek.
Crytek is an independent video game developer, publisher, and technology provider based in Frankfurt, Germany.
Crytek pushes the boundaries of the possible to make the impossible a reality. We want to create the most fun gaming experiences around, and if we have to blow up computer system requirements or push genre boundaries to do so, then we will. With almost two decades of experience in the games industry, Crytek takes its unique combination of experience and skills and continue to make an impact via innovative, fun, cutting-edge games and technology.