Lead AI Programmer
- Lead the AI programming discipline and enable them to reach their full potential.
- Work with existing engine code base to architect and enhance AI.
- Work closely with animators, artists, designers and programmers to improve the AI system and support them in its application and tuning.
- Optimize and debug high-end Console and PC performance.
- Gather requirements and set goals for the AI team, lead the design and architecture of the code development and coordinate its implementation.
- Coordinate with other Leads and Directors including from other projects.
- Research the latest techniques in game AI to create believable characters and environments.
- Proactively drive your team and improve product quality as well as group productivity.
- Delegate effectively while involving team members in the decision making process.
- Coordinate with other studio groups including art, design and production to achieve project objectives.
- Be a role model for Regular/Senior programmers and oversee the mentoring process inside the discipline.
- 7+ years of programming experience in game AI development.
- At least a Bachelor’s degree in relevant field or equivalent work experience.
- Worked on shipped products on either console or PC.
- Previously held a senior AI programmer or equivalent position.
- Excellent understanding of C++ in a games development environment.
- Experience with multi-threading.
- Strong software engineering and debugging skills.
- Experience with performance measurement and optimization.
- Excellent understanding of AI architecture and standard technology (finite state machines, behavior trees, path finding, goal-oriented behavior, rule-based systems, learning, crowd behavior etc.).
- Experience with any game engine (preferably CRYENGINE).
- Ability to learn and master a large existing code base.
- Ability to learn about new techniques and adapt them to project requirements.
- Good communication skills and ability to work effectively on shared projects with designers, animators, artists, testers, and other developers.
Apply for this Position
Please apply directly online and, if applicable, upload your materials as specified on the job posting. Fields marked with a * are required.
We are Crytek.
Crytek is an independent video game developer, publisher, and technology provider based in Frankfurt, Germany.
Crytek pushes the boundaries of the possible to make the impossible a reality. We want to create the most fun gaming experiences around, and if we have to blow up computer system requirements or push genre boundaries to do so, then we will. With almost two decades of experience in the games industry, Crytek takes its unique combination of experience and skills and continue to make an impact via innovative, fun, cutting-edge games and technology.