Junior Online Game Programmer
- Work with the existing online technologies and game codebase to develop and enhance online gameplay (player progression, character roster, rewards, achievements, online events, etc.) for a high-profile project.
- Support in creating compelling and rewarding meta gameplay features.
- Debug meta gameplay features on backend and all platforms.
- Develop well designed software within project schedule to team standards.
- Ensure tasks are completed in a timely manner and to a consistent very high quality standard.
- Proactively contribute to the team effort to improve the product quality as well as the group productivity.
- Keep a general overview of game and online technologies and their interactions.
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science or equivalent.
- Worked on university related and private game or modding projects (please provide a portfolio link).
- Good understanding of C++ and C# in an online game development environment.
- Knowledge on understanding of networked multiplayer and backend implementation.
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work and communicate effectively in interdisciplinary teams, to identify problems and propose solutions.
- Excellent English communication skills, with a strong affinity for transparency.
- Be proactive and self-motivated, display autonomy.
- Willing to learn.
- Passion for making games.
- Experience with Linux environments.
- Experience with (visual) scripting languages.
- Experience with CRYENGINE.
- What you can expect from us
- A refreshing yet highly professional atmosphere in a diverse team.
- Flexible work time.
- Free public transportation ticket, which lets you use public transport free of charge 24/7.
- Free German lessons
- Company language is English. Any additional language is a plus, but not a requirement.
- Extensive assistance with getting visa, work permits and communication with local authorities.
- Relocation support.
- A company apartment for your first few months and help in finding a private apartment.
- ...and much more!
Apply for this Position
Please apply directly online and, if applicable, upload your materials as specified on the job posting. Fields marked with a * are required.
We are Crytek.
Crytek is an independent video game developer, publisher, and technology provider based in Frankfurt, Germany.
Crytek pushes the boundaries of the possible to make the impossible a reality. We want to create the most fun gaming experiences around, and if we have to blow up computer system requirements or push genre boundaries to do so, then we will. With almost two decades of experience in the games industry, Crytek takes its unique combination of experience and skills and continue to make an impact via innovative, fun, cutting-edge games and technology.