Junior Animation Programmer
- Support and extend the existing animation framework and tools.
- Work closely with animators, artists, designers and programmers to improve the animation system and help them with its application and tuning.
- Stay up to date with recent developments and techniques in computer animation.
- Take part in design and development of exciting new features and integrate them with existing systems with guidance from senior engineers.
- Plan development in coordination with project management.
- Write clear, maintainable and robust code.
- Test, debug, profile, optimize and document your implementations.
- Strong interest in creating animation technology.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience.
- Solid skills in C++, and software engineering and debugging in general.
- Good 3D math background.
- Ability to learn and master a large existing code base.
- Ability to research and learn about new techniques and adapt them to project requirements.
- Good communication skills and ability to work effectively on shared projects with animators, artists, designers, testers, and other developers.
- Programming experience with animation code in a game development project.
- Familiarity with content generation tools such as Maya, 3dsMax etc.
- Experience working on game asset pipelines and tools.
- Experience with procedural animations and simulation.
- Experience with multi-threading.
Apply for this Position
Please apply directly online and, if applicable, upload your materials as specified on the job posting. Fields marked with a * are required.
We are Crytek.
Crytek is an independent video game developer, publisher, and technology provider based in Frankfurt, Germany.
Crytek pushes the boundaries of the possible to make the impossible a reality. We want to create the most fun gaming experiences around, and if we have to blow up computer system requirements or push genre boundaries to do so, then we will. With almost two decades of experience in the games industry, Crytek takes its unique combination of experience and skills and continue to make an impact via innovative, fun, cutting-edge games and technology.