- Develop both systemic, high level features as well as specific low level tech.
- Develop audio tools in collaboration with Audio Designers and Programmers.
- Design, implement, and iterate on new and existing audio systems, tools and DSPs.
- Work in C++ with our in-house Engine and third party APIs on multiple projects.
- Advise, review and help making tech reusable for multiple projects and platforms.
- Work in close collaboration with other programmers, designers, artists and testers to craft high quality, scalable solutions.
- A strong passion for digital Audio in dynamic simulations(Games, or others) and intrinsic motivation to always stay up to date with the industry and latest tech.
- Good experience with C++ and writing maintainable, platform independent code.
- A good grasp on the physical foundations of Sound and Acoustics and how they translate to a digital environment.
- Experience with the low-level workings of Wwise, Fmod and JUCE.
- Good experience in debugging audio applications and algorithms from high level features to specific DSP routines.
- Background or strong interest in mathematical foundations of sound and DSP and their algorithmic implementations.
- Experience with Performance-implications of new and existing features in a multithreaded/multiplatform production environment.
- Some Experience and understanding for Designer's approaches and requirements in Engines, Middlewares and DAWs.
- Experience with digital filter implementations.
- Experience with DAWs. (Nuendo, Reaper, Ableton)
- Experience with localization.
- Experience with programming standalone tools using QT or JUCE.
- What you can expect from us
- A refreshing yet highly professional atmosphere in a diverse team.
- Flexible work time.
- Free public transportation ticket, which lets you use public transport free of charge 24/7.
- Free German lessons
- Company language is English. Any additional language is a plus, but not a requirement.
- Extensive assistance with getting visa, work permits and communication with local authorities.
- Relocation support.
- A company apartment for your first few months and help in finding a private apartment.
- ...and much more!
Apply for this Position
Please apply directly online and, if applicable, upload your materials as specified on the job posting. Fields marked with a * are required.
We are Crytek.
Crytek is an independent video game developer, publisher, and technology provider based in Frankfurt, Germany.
Crytek pushes the boundaries of the possible to make the impossible a reality. We want to create the most fun gaming experiences around, and if we have to blow up computer system requirements or push genre boundaries to do so, then we will. With almost two decades of experience in the games industry, Crytek takes its unique combination of experience and skills and continue to make an impact via innovative, fun, cutting-edge games and technology.