Technical Director - Tools
- Analyze Crytek's current use of internal and external development tools.
- Improve production and development workflows to create a smooth streamlined pipeline.
- Drive technical decisions and roadmap priorities for tools based on user and developer requirements.
- Cooperate with stakeholders in games and engine to define and balance goals for short- and long-term technical direction.
- Work with production staff and leads to scope tasks and requirements.
- Provide technical guidance and direction for tools engineering to ensure quality, performance, usability and stability of pipelines and workflows.
- Keep up to date with the latest tool technology and investigate how to use it to improve our engine.
- Take time to participate hands-on in architecture and development.
- 10+ years of experience as a software engineer for games or tools software.
- 3+ years of experience leading a team of software engineers.
- Experience with multiple game engines.
- In-depth understanding of asset creation workflows and their integration in game engine projects.
- Experience in developing tools for content creation packages such as Maya, Blender, Houdini etc.
- Experience with Perforce version control software.
- Experience with tools for creating graphical user interfaces and cross-platform applications.
- Experience in debugging and troubleshooting complex technical issues.
- Experience with technical architecture and design.
- Good understanding of modern C++
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills
- Experience with CRYENGINE.
- Experience with scripting languages, visual scripting and entity entitent component system architecture.
- Shipped AAA games on multiple hardware platforms, including Gen 9 consoles.
- Shipped a live service game with a large number of concurrent users.
Apply for this Position
Please apply directly online and, if applicable, upload your materials as specified on the job posting. Fields marked with a * are required.
We are Crytek.
Crytek is an independent video game developer, publisher, and technology provider based in Frankfurt, Germany.
Crytek pushes the boundaries of the possible to make the impossible a reality. We want to create the most fun gaming experiences around, and if we have to blow up computer system requirements or push genre boundaries to do so, then we will. With almost two decades of experience in the games industry, Crytek takes its unique combination of experience and skills and continue to make an impact via innovative, fun, cutting-edge games and technology.