- Manage a project from inception to shipment
- Defines strategy with project leadership to execute against Milestones and key deliverables
- Set up team organization, processes, practices to enable the team to delivery high quality work on schedule and within budget
- Implementation and usage of project KPIs to track delivery against milestones, assess quality and risks
- Constant direction of development strategies to support development plans, new technologies and mitigating risks
- Review Creative and Technical Design Documents for the project to identify foreseeable issues/concerns and to provide recommendations where appropriate
- Risk-assessment on the assigned project
- Define, introduce, enforce and review development processes and provides solutions for improvements
- Implement and maintain Crytek’s Game Development Framework (GDF)
- Establish systematic information channels about the project status updates for the team and key stakeholders
- Hire and review third parties (e.g. music, sound design, motion capture etc...) contributing to the project
- Works with department leads to ensure safeguarding of company assets including source code, art work, tools, game design information and technical know-how
- Drive resource planning and hiring for the project team
- Interview for key hires in development team.
- Mentor and train leads and project manager
- Lead and develop a team of highly skilled and performing individuals in a strong culture of trust and collaboration
- Report to Executive Management
- Development Director on at least 2 shipped AAA PC / console games title on a major platfor
- 5+ years of gaming industry experience
- Demonstrated ability to be proactive and self motivated, work without direct supervision, and present the work of the team and the project in a professional manner
- Proven ability to communicate effectively with any member of development team (Production, Art, Engineering, Audio)
- Capable of balancing a project’s creative and visual requirements within schedule, budget and staff limitations
- Proven ability to efficiently organize, lead and execute meetings with effective decisions
- Demonstrated ability to integrate the creative and technical design processes while ensuring that high production values are never compromised
- What you can expect from us
- A refreshing yet highly professional atmosphere in a diverse team.
- Flexible work time.
- Free public transportation ticket, which lets you use public transport free of charge 24/7.
- Free German lessons
- Company language is English. Any additional language is a plus, but not a requirement.
- Extensive assistance with getting visa, work permits and communication with local authorities.
- Relocation support.
- A company apartment for your first few months and help in finding a private apartment....and many more!
Apply for this Position
Please apply directly online and, if applicable, upload your materials as specified on the job posting. Fields marked with a * are required.
We are Crytek.
Crytek is an independent video game developer, publisher, and technology provider based in Frankfurt, Germany.
Crytek pushes the boundaries of the possible to make the impossible a reality. We want to create the most fun gaming experiences around, and if we have to blow up computer system requirements or push genre boundaries to do so, then we will. With almost two decades of experience in the games industry, Crytek takes its unique combination of experience and skills and continue to make an impact via innovative, fun, cutting-edge games and technology.