- Work closely with the Cinematic Lead and Head of Department to assure a high degree of quality on all cinematic scenes.
- Draw out key aspects of a scene prior to be sent to the cinematic artists.
- Establishing camera angles, framing & camera movement of the scene prior to scenes being created.
- Ability to draw quick sketches during kick off sessions.
- Contribute innovative and original ideas towards all aspects of game production and development.
- Provide project status in department meetings.
- Work well under pressure and handle multiple tasks.
- Complete all tasks in a timely manner and to a consistent high-quality standard.
- Remain focused, motivated and effective on all tasks through completion.
- Demonstrate a desire to learn and grow professionally.
- 3+ years of professional experience in a creative industry.
- A creative vision and ability to convey energy through boards.
- A strong understanding of the language of cinematography and storytelling, and how to apply it in your work.
- An expert understanding of staging, framing, composition, movement and timing.
- A good life drawing and posing skills.
- Able to create compelling visuals within a production schedule across multiple projects at the same time.
- Excellent English communication and writing skills.
- Keep a positive team-oriented attitude.
- Experience as a 2D animator.
- Cinematography knowledge.
- A passion for games or films.
- What you can expect from us
- A refreshing yet highly professional atmosphere in a diverse team.
- Flexible work time.
- Free public transportation ticket, which lets you use public transport free of charge 24/7.
- Free German lessons
- Company language is English. Any additional language is a plus, but not a requirement.
- Extensive assistance with getting visa, work permits and communication with local authorities.
- Relocation support.
- A company apartment for your first few months and help in finding a private apartment.
- ...and much more!
Apply for this Position
Please apply directly online and, if applicable, upload your materials as specified on the job posting. Fields marked with a * are required.
We are Crytek.
Crytek is an independent video game developer, publisher, and technology provider based in Frankfurt, Germany.
Crytek pushes the boundaries of the possible to make the impossible a reality. We want to create the most fun gaming experiences around, and if we have to blow up computer system requirements or push genre boundaries to do so, then we will. With almost two decades of experience in the games industry, Crytek takes its unique combination of experience and skills and continue to make an impact via innovative, fun, cutting-edge games and technology.